Uterine Polyps

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have to have surgery to remove uterine polyps.  I am very nervous.  I do not want to get put under.  If anyone has had this surgery, please tell me how I t went.  Thank You!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I had a D&C in December and part of the procedure was to remove a polyp. It’s not a long procedure and following surgery it’s not painful. You may bleed for a few days and feel tired, take it easy if you can. I was nervous too but you have to remember the Drs do this every day, they know what they’re doing. Best wishes for the procedure, it will be over before you know it! 

• Posted

Hi

I had my polyp removed in the clinic, I was supposed to have had a general and went twice, once cancelled due to my BP being too high and the second time the surgeon refused to do it under a general.

It didn't take long and as previous reply said only bled for a few days after, was a little tender when sitting but I did have etroptions treated at the same time. Good luck

• Posted

hi Lori,  I can understand why you are nervous of having an anaesthetic, I feel the same way about procedures because menopause has made me feel weak and vulnerable  as it does, whereas I wasnt like that before. I panicked going into the MRI machine and took three attempts to get me into it.  rolleyes  Before all of this, I was such an easy patient, I hope I am again.  Best of luck with the procedure, you'll be fine.

• Posted

Lori, I am also having a D&C next week...started bleeding (I am 59) and went to my doctor.  Did an examine and a biopsy, which came back with nothing alarming, but showed there was a polyp and I do have thickening of the uterus.  I had cramping as well, but none anymore.  I'll be glad to get it over with...they do sedation, not general anesthesia for this procedure, as I also have high  blood pressure.  Had my workup today.  I will post a follow up...hope you will be ok and me too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.