Uterine prolapse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have previously posted on here regarding bowel and bladder problems. I have been to the doctors numerous times over the last few years. At first i was just fobbed off with suppositories and laxatives which just made the pain worse as i still wasn't able to pass gas or stool without having to move the bulge of the anterior vaginal wall.

I've also been to complain about a lump/bulge in my vagina when i strain and constant urine leakage. All who examined me said they couldn't see or feel anything, i was booked in for a transvaginal scan with the results coming back fine apart from a small fibroid in my womb but nothing that would have been causing my problems (urine incontinence, stool incontinence, diarrhea, constipation, unable to pass gas, double voiding, abdominal cramps, no periods since September 2018, brown vaginal discharge, excessive mucous from the back passage and back pain).

Anyway I went to see a nurse on Friday as i have been having brown vaginal discharge for about a month now and no periods since September last year. She did an examination and took some swabs, I asked her if she could take a look at my urethra as it bulges when I strain and she asked me to bear down while she used the speculum and she said it was very visible that I have a uterine prolapse and has booked me in next Tuesday with the doctor but my anxiety is going wild and I have no one to turn to.

I am only 23 and I have 3 children and I'm terrified and in a lot of pain, I just want to know if anyone has gad any experience with anything similar and would be able to walk me through what will happen please.

Thanks for taking the time to read ❤️

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

charlotte,

you are so young to be having all these problems, did you deliver especially big babies?

Sorry I have no advice but I'm sure you will be in good hands mow they have acknowledged there is a problem and at least taking some action.

I hope you get something sorted soon, keep in touch with the forum you will eventually find someone with simillar problems.

Phyl x

• Posted

Hi Phyl thank you for your response. My 1st was 7lbs 14oz forceps delivery, 2nd was 8lbs 8oz normal delivery and third was 8lbs 14oz normal delivery. So bigger than average babies yes.

I am holding on to hope that the prolapse isn't too severe 🤞

Thanks again

Charlotte

• Posted

hello Charlotte

I'm sorry to hear all your worries and issues with uterus prolapse.

I had a uterus prolapse and had a hysterectomy last year. I know you are only 23 so that wouldn't be suitable for you but i do know you can have your womb placed back into its original position with stitches. I think if yiu have any more vaginal births they would advice to wait till you have done having your family.

I would advice you being firm with your gp to be referred to a Urogynacologist as its affecting the quality of your life and make sure you tell them this.

be try not to worry as this isn't a serious issue but a very uncomfortable one at that.

I've had my front anterior repaired as well as my hysterectomy last year so I understand just like the ladies here.

I hope you get some answers soon .

• Posted

Hi thank you for your response, my biggest fear is that I will need a hysterectomy as my Nan had to have one after her third child at 25 for the same problems.

I have an appointment booked for Monday to see a gastroenterologist as this was booked while I still didn't know what was wrong, I will going to keep this just incase anything else is going on too as I don't see the doctor until Tuesday.

I am glad I kept on to the nurses and doctors though otherwise I don't think I would have gotten anywhere otherwise.

Thank you again

Charlotte

• Posted

Sometimes some ladies just have very low levels of collagen and that weakens the pelvic floor so

maybe that could be the case ans would mot be helping, anyway i'm sure you will find out soon x

• Posted

good luck Charlotte.. yes a Urogynacologist is a myst if it is a prolapse.

these are the guys to see regarding anyt6 connected to our reproductive organs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.