Uterine prolapse

Posted , 3 users are following.

I knew something wasn't right couple days ago. have a heavy achy bloated uncomfortable feeling in abdomen, stools are soft and less than normal, often need to wee again after weeing, increased discharge, feeling like something there like a tampons falling out. I think I can literally see my cervix at the opening of my vagina.

its freaking me out, I'm so upset, I'm 31 never had kids. spoke to gp on phone who just told me it isn't serious only been couple of days people live with this for years, usually worse for people that have kids, is going to order a scan and wont see me in the doctors office for another 4 days.

I'm scared to do anything incase it completely falls out, feel like I just want to keep crying which is only made worse by the complete disinterest because it's not serious etc. I'm worried I might not be able to have kids. I'm worried it's going to take ages for anyone to do anything, scan might be weeks, surgery might be months away. I'm scared to touch myself let alone my partner. forget sex. I never knew body parts could even fall out of you.

what the hell do I do. I'm literally distraught about this. how can a male doc tell you it's not a big deal, when has he had his uterus fall out of him.

It's not hugely painful but feel so uncomfortable and just so distressed.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Charley, you sound so distressed.There are a few things you can do which may help before you get your scan results.If you strain a lot to pass a motion do try to have more fibre in your diet...that can be the most common cause of prolapse in a woman who hasnt been pregnant. Breakfast fibre is a good one to try.If you are overweight do try to lose a few pounds, that will help with getting back to normal. You can also try doing pelvic floor exercises, or Kegels which should help to strengthen your pelvic floor. Do not lift any heavy weights and try not to cough.

When you lay down on your back does the prolapse fall back into the vagina? Its probably not likely to actually fall out, but its ok to gently push it back if you feel comfortable with that. If it does fall back when you lay down its Ok to have sex. There are different kinds of prolapse so you will have to wait for a proper diagnosis before any proper treatment can start.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.