Uterus bisopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I do not like going under,  been put to sleep for a Uterus bisopy, now my friend in Ft Campbell had it done and she was not put to sleep and her cervix was closed. For all that had the Uterus bisopy was you put to sleep for that? Did any one have the Uterus bisopy in office or hosiptal who's cervx was closed without been put to sleep? I want the least invasive first. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had a uterine biopsy last February.  In office, took about 10 minutes total, just took some ibuprophen before I went in.    Of course, it cost a small fortune and they charge for it as a "surgery".   But it sure wasn't a big deal, I've had pap smears that felt worse than this.  

I'm not sure what you're being told, but this was no big deal.  

• Posted

They're doing a d&c too right? Never had one but I'm pretty sure you need to be under for that. Thinking about you and praying for you Carol.

• Posted

Becky, thats what he wants to do but I don't want to go so invasive unless I need too. He said he can just put be under and open the uterus and if anything else needs to be done he would do it. I was sent to GYN for uterus biospy and he couldnt get it in the office because my cervix was closed due to not having children in a long time. My point is why can't I get the bisopy done with out been PUT to sleep like the rest of you did. I see him next Tuesday and thursday he wants to go right into surgery to get the bisopy. I already got cervix biospy and pap and they both was normal. Plus if he couldnt get the tissue from uterus in office I'm not sure I trust him for surgery. Does anyone understand what I'm saying?  I want to go the least invasive route first. 

• Posted

I do see what you're saying, but the cervix biopsy is much different. Now he needs to get to your uterus. And he already tried to get it in the office like we did and couldn't get it. So trying again probably wont work and you don't need to go through that again. So if you don't go under, i think it will be quite painful and probably wouldnt be able to get it done. I think you need to go ahead and get this resolved and that means doing what he says and go under in order to get the biopsy and then be able to move forwar.. It's completely safe and normal procedure. No more invasive than what they do in the office you just won't feel it. Did I understand your concerns?

• Posted

Yes, except the part I don't like been put to sleep  Ann on here had all that done and wasn't put to sleep. The put those tubes down your throat and i'm just too fat for that I weigh 248 pounds!  So going under I don't like,..

• Posted

The reason we weren't put under is because our cervix didn't close. So the doctor was able to get the tissue sample in the office. But he tried that and it didn't work for you. So he has to try it a different way. And they won't put a tube down your throat. Just an iv that makes you go to sleep. It will be fine.

• Posted

I didnt know that it would be IV I need to get all my questions written down so I can ask them Tuesday before surgeyThursday. If you all know of any I should ask please share with me.
    • Posted

Considering he cant ooen your cervix to get to the uterus, if he puts you under in the hospital and finds a polyp in the uterus, he can remove it. Then he may feel you need a DnC which a DnC is to scrape the uterus n clean out tissue to make sure of no more polyps returning. That way he wont have to put you under again a second time later to do a DnC. If he doesnt find any polyps in the uterus he may feel you won't need a DnC. My health plan i previously explained wont cover a DnC and my dr. knows i don't have the finances right now for a DnC but he warned me that if i see bleeding later then i will have to do the DnC later. After my trailer is paid off soon then ill have the finances to have a DnC later if i need it. If your worried, you can ask how he plans to put you under. I really like my obgyn because he explained exactly step by step what he would do.

• Posted

Why would they put a tube down your throat?
    • Posted

I just thought when u go to ER they always put u to sleep and put tube down your throat. I still not comfortable with my GYN he had a dilator to open my cervix and still couldnt get the tissue biospy of the uterus so i'm not comfortable to be put to sleep and have him do it. 

• Posted

I was not put to sleep.
    • Posted

Lee12629, was your cervix closed?  Was yours done at hospital or office?
    • Posted

No,it wasnt and it was done in the office this was some years ago. Mine probably is now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.