Uterus lining 9 and 5

Posted , 5 users are following.

Worried.  Going in next week for D&C and hysteroscopy. (Whatever that is)

Had a biopsy 2 years ago and came out ok.  I am 60 years old with prolapse

level 3 cystocle.  Was getting bladder infections every 3 months and seems like I was always on antibiotics which I am starting to get immune to. Not sure if I should be getting a D&C or just another biopsy.  No bleeding at all. Also they are giving me General ASthesia  which don't know if this is the right choice. Also how long do you need to stay home after before returning to work?  REally appreciaed your help.  Scared!!! May need repair lift or hysterecomy. Not sure which one or if should take out ovaries of leave in and just do lift.  Just don't know what to do.  Don't like pessaries  Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, Diane but these are not easy questions, you need to discuss them with your surgeon or gynecologist. They can most likely give you the best answers to all your concerns since they're the professionals dealing with these types of situations. Hope it all works out. Best of luck.
  • Posted

I have had 2 D & C's and hysterscopes. First it light GA and I was at work the next day. I just got light bleeding. They will have a look with a little camera and if need be will do a biopsy. They will clean it all and see what needs to do next. When I had the first it was all fine and they cleaned the lining. On the second they find a fibroid and I need a hysterectomy. Only because it was so big. Don't worry you might just need a clean up and they might fix and lift your bladder. Keep us posted.
  • Posted

Hi Diane, I'm not much help as I've had neither of these, but as Pat says get your doctor to explain it to you so that you are clear on your options. I should imagine, as with a lot of these things, they will take it one stage at a time. I sometimes think the not knowing is much worse than the knowing - your imagination can play havoc. I tend to google a lot of these things and end up scaring myself half to death, but then I also end up with a little info - it's a fine line. It really sounds like you need some reassurance and clarity from the medics, otherwise you will keep worrying which will only make you feel worse. Good luck with the procedure and I hope you gain some understanding and reassurance from your doctor and the forum.
  • Posted

Not sure why you are having a hysteroscopy if you are not bleeding but I have had 3 overs the years and they are nothing to worry about, also as someone else says the GA will be very light and you will quickly recover.  They will be able to see the lining perfectly with their camera and take lots of pics to show you afterwards, if anything needs doing they will know, it is the gold standard investigation so you are in good hands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.