UTI??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having pains on both sides of my belly button for about 5 days. I've also had discharge. I'm not sure if I have a UTI because I haven't had any cloudy urine/other symptoms. I did buy an OTC UTI test and after the recommended 2 minutes the leukocyte test was only very faintly pink. After about 4-5 minutes it was darker purple. Should I trust this result or not since it only turned dark after 4-5 minutes?imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amber!

I often wonder about those tests for the same reason...

Anyhow, you usually don't get UTI pain around your belly button...it is usually in your back.

Also having discharge leads me to believe it might be a vaginal type infection instead.

Best to get it checked out if it persists.

Good luck!

Kathy

• Posted

I was almost wondering if it was a different type of infection too but I really don't have any other symptoms...the discharge doesn't smell and it definitely doesn't look like a yeast infection. The pain in my abdomen on both sides of my belly is the main bother for me. I just hate to go to the doctor if I don't need to, I'm not sure what it could be 😕

• Posted

Pay attention to the directions on the test strip - it says to read the nitrites test pad after ONE minute and the leukocytes test pad after TWO minutes. It should say somewhere to ignore readings after these times.

Your tests look absolutely fine. Your discharge is worrying - unless it's just what ladies secret naturally.

• Posted

Good advice on reading directions...something I tend to overlook...lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.