Posted , 3 users are following.

Can a urologist find out if you have a kidney infection? ive been having utis off and on for 4 months. And im having terrible back pain and i went to the ER and they want me to see a urologist. please help

thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Definitely.  The urinary tract is what they deal with.
  • Posted

    Yes.  Go and see the urologist.  
    • Posted

      Okay i did today he wants to do a CT with the dye and he wants to find out why i still have infection thats not going away
    • Posted

      Sounds as if the doctor thinks you have a kidney and/or bladder stone(s).  If you do, that could create an ongoing infection.


Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.