UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all. i have a UTI and started taking CEFTIN.

im feeling anxious. the presciption is 500 mg every 12 hours. i had to chop the pill in half because 500 is to strong for me. anyone have experience with this?

thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ceftin is my antibiotic of choice. I have taken the 500mg every 12 hours for 10 days and even went on a long course of 250mg per day. That was was knocked out a stubborn relapsing UTI. Antibiotics work differently on different people. I had no problem with Ceftin at all and I am a senior citizen.

If you google all the different antibiotics, you will read from people that have horrible side effects from all of them. Just depends on the individual.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.