UTI

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had recurring UTI infections from November last year. i have been given antibiotics. Each time i feel better for around a day then my feelings return. I have been on 5 Courses of antibiotics. i had a cystoscopy a week ago and no problems where found with my bladder. i am just so fed up now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Write to your doctors and explain your situation. It's sometimes very important to document

what transpires sometimes and you health is important. Mistakes can be seen on paper but by phone or face to face?????????

I'm surprised that on many occasions a too short course of antibiotics are prescribed especially if the bug is felt to be being eradicated but then survives to return. Some bacterias are hard to eradicate and on some occasions not one but two are given to kill off the infection. Too short a course is similar to a patient not taking all of the course and is bad. Hopefully your doctor will pay particular attention to detail in your case and especially so if you see them with a letter that is handed to them.

Badger them until you are absolutely cured and if possible know what the bacteria is/was that affects you.

• Posted

I mentioned this test or a similar test which is relatively new that seems to be quite 'under the carpet' ! It is I believe a very exacting test and I have just been reading about viruses which can infect bacteria....... My word!

Any way the PCR ( polymerase chain reaction) test I mentioned will detect Tuberculosis bacteria in samples put into the 'machine but a bit more info re the statement made by medical research re viruses======

********reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) **it says will detect viruses in blood, stool and nasal secretions........ I hear that a sample of pee can be put into the machine so if the PCR test can detect TB I wonder if all those laboratory microbiologists out there can elaborate and confirm that the newer tests can detect other organisms that blight our lives ? So of course these bacterias can be treated?

As said previously it seems well beyond reason that there is not the concerted effort to eradicate TB which can affect any part of the human body and because it is known to be insidious. So isn't it time then that all of the medical profession treats this subject with more vigor?

• Posted

I have been reading about the quite new (to me) PCR test over a couple of years now and I'm happy to say that yes that test can isolate bacterias and will I'm sure will be THE test that will be used and no doubt perfected over the years to come.

I believe a great deal of thanks should be attributed to those who enable these new tests to become available......... These tests should receive a great deal more publicity to eliminate

what seems to be too often the norm re the HIT and MISS treatment of bacterial infections.

Some of these bacterial infections can make an individual's life very difficult to cope with...... for not just weeks or months but for decades.

Will the medical profession suitably pronounce the existence of these valuable tests with a 'fanfare of trumpets'.......or will these tests be brushed right under the carpet? In any case do all doctors know about the existence of these tests ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.