UTI after sex everytime...treatment!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I wish to share my horrible but in the end successful experience.

I used to get bad urine tract infections after sex everytime without fail. I always washed before and after sex and also showered but that didnt help. Since then I have had a cystoscopy where the doctor stretched my waterpipes / uretha away from my bladder. Since then I have not had a single UTI and it has been 1.5 years. However I do still now sometimes get urine infection-like pain especially if I dont drink enough water so I keep myself topped up on water often. What I find really works to get rid of that annoying uncomfortable pain is to COLD blow dry my private area focusing on my uretha opening and/or squirting cold water on it via a sports cap bottle. Also to note for info, before I had a cystoscopy I used to be prescribed antibiotics for many years which starting making me resistant to anti-biotics, so instead after researching I began to use powdered cystitis relief cranberry sachets mixed with water (can be bought from supermarkets - tescos, sainsburys). These sachets were horrible to drink so instead I bought big empty capsules and poured the powder into the capsules to drink with water to avoid tasting the horrible metal tasting drink. I told my doctor about this and he was surprised why this worked for me.

Ps. I am a 28yr old female.

Happy to help if you have questions. There is always light at the end of the tunnel!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Where do you buy these capsules? I am plagued with water infections, almost 4-5 a year. I have recently been for two renal ultrasounds however my results were normal. I have been offered the chance to be put on prescribed antibiotics but I am concerned about resistance. I have been taking D-Mannose for a couple months now and I've gone over three months without an infection. But I feel this is only a temporary fix. I really struggle to take the sachets as you said they are VILE. For me they make me physically sick.. when I do take them though, when I am at whits end I do find relief so I feel the capsule thing may help me.

thanks,

beth

• Posted

Hey Bethany,

If I may ask, what exactly is the name of these sachets you've been taking? I mean like the manufacturers?

My gf had a urinary track infection that had also affected her bladder. After some advice from a friend, we got a 100% natural tablets made from D-mannose and Hibiscus extracts. This really helped her and she has not been taking any antibiotics.

• Posted

I second the effectiveness of D-Mannose in treating UTIs. Have used it and worked far better than any antibiotics and a bunch of other drugs they had me on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.