UTI and irritation in the urethra for over 4 months, what should i do??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was in Canada on holiday for 2 months and 2 weeks into it I got this excrutiatingly painful UTI that really almost had me literally screaming everytime I’d try to pee. Now it’s over 4 months later and I’m experiencing an irritation in my urethra. I actually thought I still had the UTI but after 6 UTI antibiotics and 1 thrush antibiotic my doctor said I don’t have it anymore its just irritation. But nothing really seems to be making the irritation go away and I’m scared that i’ll have it for the rest of my life. I’m only 18 and the irritation really affects me day to day. I can’t actually pee unless my bladder is completely full because if it isn’t then when I try to go pee I hesitate and it just makes the burning even worse. I onky drink water (alot of it) and I eat healthily however sometimes my urine looks like I only drink coke and alcohol and it has a bad smell to it which makes me think that maybe my kindeys arent functioning properly to dilute the urine. I’ve just had an ultrasound and I’m waiting for the results. If I was self diagnosing though, I think it might be urethritis or urethral sydnrome or something like that but I’m really desperate to get my life back and nothing seems to be working.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.