Uti and kidneys

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i have recurrent uti's and cystitis and im getting pains in my abdomen, side and back, under the ribs. These pains been going on for a while but blood tests and scans came back fine. I did a urine dip couple of weeks ago and it showed leucocytes and protein. Been drinking ots of cranberry juice and saches for cystitis. I dont have a fever and not vomiting, but could it be a kidney infection?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ye it could be a sample would need sending off for culture to see if theres infection higher up in the kidneys etc as a dip test dosnt always detect anything but if u have got a result by dip test then theres some kind of infection present

• Posted

kidney infections are quite painful u get the pain in your side and under the ribs at the front but most pain is felt in the back or side usually a dull ache or sharp pain

• Posted

Hi kim

thats exactly where i get the pain, its like a dull ache under ribs front and back, and side.

• Posted

u should visit a doctor asap as they can become serious if left untreated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.