Uti and What can i eat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sort of confusing..ive read alot online about how you should only eat mostly fruits and vegetables, rice...oatmeal and drinks lots of water and cranberry juice...I then went to the National Institute of Health site...and they say....experts do not think eating, diet and nutriton have an effect on UTI? Comments please!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can eat what you want , there are a few things I stay away from when I have a uti , like alcohol and caffeine . I don’t recommend cranberry juice , it has too much sugar , use a cranberry extract supplement instead . And take D Mannose on a daily basis , I take a teaspoon dissolved in water 3 times daily .
  • Posted

Totally does!  Probiotics are a huge factor!  I take one Called life 9 and I love it.  You can eat yogurt that also helps!  Pm of you need info on what Helps me 
    • Posted

I also drink a quart of kefir daily , I make it myself , a lot more live cultures than yoghurt
  • Posted

Plus i had a catheter put in this past Sunday as i could not pass urine..actually twice in one day...went to emergency in the morning...they put a cath in me to drain my bladder...then waited about a half hour and took it out...then i go back to the hotel i was staying at and i still could not pee...so i went back to Emergency and they put one in...Saw my personal doc today and he said....lets wait until Monday morning,...just to make sure all is clear! I said ok...so 4 more nights of not sleeping too well...can only sleep on my back as i have the cath's tubing goes down on my left leg...then off the bed to the drainage bag...which is on a chair tnat is a few feet in front of me to the left..so as long as the tube is straight..all is well,,,even though ive read you can move anywhere you want...that can't be true as if i were to roll over to my right id pull the drainage bag towards me or pull it from my catheter....which you dont want to happen...so i sleep on my back.

• Posted

Been given trimethroprim for an extended month to ensure infection gone.  Anyone find it makes them anxious inside?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.