UTI, antibiotics almost over, help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 19, thankfully making money and able to visit the doctor if i can find a ride. So I've only had a bladder infection a couple of times, years apart. I've had a yeast infection once, a couple of month ago.

AIt the very start of march (its now 3/8) felt the horrible weirdly itchy-burny esque sensation that I now associate with a yeast infection, so I got an over the counter medocine called AZO to help eith the symptoms while i basically just wait it out. I was like this for weeks, but i started experiencing urgency and frequency to pee, even though I was peeing very little every time i tried.

I started drinking a ton of cranberry juice, just as I would as a kid. It helped for a while, but eventually the discomfort and pain was too much to bear. I worked only one day a week for 2 weeks, i was in so much pain.

I finally got a ride to the doctors last thursday, was diagnosed with a pretty bad UTI and given 7 days on Bactrim. It worked GREAT and almosy immediately. I am day 6, however (i have not missed a single dose yet) and the symptoms have come back full force. Ive had to pee several times in the last hour and i swear the visits to the toilet are getting more and more frequent, and its starting to hurt dreadfully AGAIN. I am still taking the medicine, why are the symptoms back so suddenly??

Please, its been a month. I cant sleep, im losing my appetite, and my work is suffering immensely. I just want it to be over!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pardon me, it is nor march 28, not 8
  • Posted

Sorry this is happening.  I suggest that you go back to the doctor and tell them to culture the bacteria in your urine, so they can tell what's causing the UTI.  It may be that the Bactrim is not effective on the bacteria that's causing it.  Or, the Bactrim has allowed another bacteria to overgrow, which means that you could have a UTI from another bacteria.  xx

• Posted

If I was you I would go back to your doctor as soon as possible and get your urine tested to see what bacteria it is & which antibiotics kill the bacteria! Also, get checked to make sure you haven’t got a kidney infection with the infection not getting any better, losing your apetite & being in serious pain! I hope you get this sorted & feel better soon x 

• Posted

Update: I got stronger anti-biotivs and the infection went away. Thanks everyone who replied! <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.