UTI from hell -- please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

me too- im so depressed - after my appendectomy the doctor did something wrong to my lower left abdomen so im left with permanent tear under the left inserted troca , got a MRSA infection from the hospital and then my UTI started - 7 so far, it's been over  1.5 year. im so depressed- and been to the ER more than 4 times and none of their stupid and generic medications work. tried keflex gave me legs cramps and could not walk, tried nitrofurantoin and did not work, tried doxycycline  worked a bit and my uti came back, tried bactrim and stopped quickly because it gave me tendon problems and tear in my finger and so levaquin- . to be honest with you , europe medications are the best because they are brand names , unlike generic drugs have 20-25 % of the brand names main ingredients only with lower concentration and with serious side effects - and do not tell me no because i know.  many people told me about fosfomycin which is used in europe and it is very good and unfortunately is not used here. I'm so sad because while I'm speaking i have a uti and im on antibiotics  with burning sensation and pain on my lower left abdomen and groin and acidic ph 6.0 which doctors never like to talk about acidic ph.  i feel that  may be fungus infection or metabolic acidosis- i have no clue and im a male kind of hahaha. please help . and now anything i eat my stomach hurts and cannot pee comfortably and pain before and after urination and my tooth hurts too when i have the uti infection . it is so strange what is happening to me- please god help me

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that you're going through this.  I am wondering if you have started to take probiotics?  With all the medication, the bacterial balance in your body has to be non-existent. Therefore, you take meds for one infection which beats back the growth of one type of bacteria and another becomes too dominant, so you take meds for that one, and it continues.  Each person has "good" and "bad" bacteria in their body.  But there has to be a balance so that the population of  "good"  keeps the "bad" at bay.  Best of luck. xx

• Posted

hi -- I DID AND i took one pill  of two different probiotics and my uti came back and so vitamin D gave me uti and so Cranberry juice - they change my ph level and made it acidic- everything i take or eat it will flare up again- i have never seen something like that
  • Posted

Heard Walgreens can order monurol or possibly check with pharmacys in your area
  • Posted

hi-- it is expensive here and the insurance will not cover it - in my origin country you can buy it for 8 dollars - incredible how they make things impossible here the lawful criminal the pharma companies and health insurances just to make money and promote bad drugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.