Uti infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a Uti infection for a year and a half and no antibiotics is working for me I have nutcracker syndrome and pelvic congestion syndrome and Vur which is a reflux in the kidneys but they can't figure out what to do for me to cure my Uti infections I have blood in my pee and I have ecoli in my pee

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried  D- mannose?  Many on here swear by it to get rid of e.coli as it breaks down the bio-film e.coli colonies protect themselves with.  This is why antibiotics don't get rid of it - they can't touch it until the bio-film is broken own.  You have to take the mannose for several weeks to give it a chance to work.  There is probably a lot more advice on here if you search for D-mannose in the threads.

There are also many discussions about pelvic exercises to help with the congestion - maybe take a look in the prostatitis threads? 

If you've been given Ciprofloxacin among your many antibiotics (or Ofloxacin or any other Quinolone) please be aware that they can lead to very nasty side effects - which can be permanent.  There's a section here called fluoroquinolone antibiotics where you can see what I mean.

Good luck, hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you but I have tried everything and nothing has worked so far and I have been trying to get pregnant again but I don't know if I will be able to get with the nutcracker syndrome and the pelvic congestion syndrome either I have been trying for almost a year and they keep telling me that's its because of my Uti infections and everything else I have wrong with me I will try that thank you so much

• Posted

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but has your partner been checked out for infections?  If you are taking all the antibiotics it will be for nothing if he keeps on reinfecting you.  Many men have no idea they're carrying an infection as they're made differently!  Please take him with you to your next appointment and get him checked out (unwanted bugs won't be doing him any good whether he feels their effect or not).  Ideally, if you're having unprotected sex, he should be checked out every time you are as you could just be passing the same thing back and forth.

• Posted

With VUR, you are always going to be prone to UTI.   Did they discuss any kind of surgery for this?
    • Posted

Yes they have talked to me about surgery but they said it would kill me to have it done because of the other problems I have wrong with me and I have to get my son checked out for the same thing I have wrong with me. I have to go to my urologist on Tuesday so maybe she can figure out what she can do for me thank you for helping me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.