Uti issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! My name is Amanda and im 28 I have been suffering on and off with utis since I was 14. Its becoming a painful part of my live, I have a urologist a primary doctor and a gynocologist. I get prescribed antibiotics of all kinds, yeast infection medicatin because of the antibiotics and I take lots of azo for quick relief on top of non stop water. I also eat plenty of heatlhy food and stay away from pop of any kind. I still suffer from time to time and azo dont always helo just makes it a little more comfortable. If anyone can help me to understand how i can get rid of this amd keep it from ruining my life that would be great because i also start to feel feverish when one kicks in and I have 2 little girls who need me. I also wipe real well after intercourse and my husband showers everyday. Help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Due to partial urine retention, I am prescribed and take a prophylactic antibiotic which prevents the recurrent utis I was getting. Maybe this would help you?
  • Posted

Do you know which bug it is? If it's e-coli then d-mannose can help - but you need to take sodium citrate for the first two days as well in order to make your urine alkaline. Have a look at 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I'd suggest you find a women's probiotic to help balance out the good and bad bacteria in your euro-genital systems.  UTI's happen when so-called bad bacteria becomes more prevalent.  Good bacteria is needed to keep the balance.  Taking antibiotics kills most of  the bad bacteria, but also interferes with the balance because antibiotics also kill the good bacteria.  

Find a probiotic that is enteric coated to survive the acid in your stomach and make it into your small intestine.  Take it daily.  That's what helped me. xx 

• Posted

I had problems with infection that was not resolved and the infection was never found but cultures were not carried out. Several doctors including 2 urologists did not look into my medical history which proves they are sometimes capable of making mistakes that they will not admit.

I said to the urologist that the infection cause must have been missed when I saw blood in my urine but he retorted that I could not prove I had an infection.  I have a report that in 1978 says that  confirmed I had a previous tubercular infection.  The TB bacteria and other microbes are susceptible to all the antibiotics I took on occasion over a long period..........  Tuberculosis is insidious and is hard to detect and no doubt other bacteria is hard to detect but surely it could be resolved in this scientific age. Can the authorities afford that process?

A second opinion urologists confirmed that the stones I produced in abundance in 2010 could have been caused then by infections!

I firmly believe that if a person is partially resistant to a bacteria the resistance will control that infection but at certain times when resistance is diminished for certain reasons the infection flourishes and that individual needs additional medication.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.