UTI lasting ages.....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I first had symptoms of a UTI about 3 weeks ago ish, and I had my wee tested and took a course of trimethoprim. I had another test after I had finished the course and the infection was still there, I am now taking a course of co amoxiclav and have 2 days worth left.

I'm so fed up though - I have no stomach pain or anything anymore and not really any pain or burning when urinaring - but I have that constant feeling like I need to pee all the time. I pee then 10 minutes later get that feeling that I need to go again, when I don't.

I spent the whole day shopping today and had the feeling the whole time, but didn't feel like k actually needed to go to the toilet. It's driving me insane, especially at night when I try to sleep. I don't get why I still have this! I've nearly finished my course of antibiotics so surely it should have cleared up by now sad

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I had it 3 weeks ago too and had antibiotics. A urine test this week shows blood in my urine, so anothe urine test next week to see if it's cleared. Seems like we need to check out if it's cleared as the pain of having a reoccurrence is too much to bear!
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that! It's horrible and so relentless!!!

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Me too...so your not alone...thats 2 more of us.

I think it is important to stay on the antibiotics even when we are feeling better and to drink MORE WATER....also, I was told to drink cranberry juice and I don't.

My thoughts were..I don't want to drink MORE....then I will have to pee more...but it is supposed to flush it out...and make our urinary tract more healthy.

• Posted

Thank you! I have been terrible at drinking lots of water to be honest, I just don't which is stupid of me!! I drank LOADS of water for like 3 days when it first started and it really helped.

Once I've finished my anti biotics I'll have another test and go from there! It's nice to know I am not alone smile

• Posted

Ok, drink lots today..go get some cranberry juice..even thou its yucky..try to drink a little today....Dr. says it really helps.

• Posted

you're not alone for sure I have same problem ..... I'm on day 5 antibiotics and not feeling well yet I personally think it's a long way process but be sure that drinking alotta water reeeeally helps I drink more than 3 liters a day and it really does relief my condition and burning sensation 

hope this helps and get well soon 

• Posted

I am on day 5 too.. Most symptoms have gone apart from the really annoying feeling of needing to pee all the time.

I'll drink lots and hopefully it will clear up soon!

• Posted

Still not gone.. Tested and still a small infection.. A lot less than when it began but doesn't look like my second course of anti biotics has worked sad urghhhh this is horrible!
    • Posted

In contrast you should be happy that the infection is less than before 

you should be greatful in my condition i feel stabbing pain in my back 

it hurts so bad i'm starting to feel joint pain and now I'm having side effects from the medication 

as I said it's a long way process clear yourself up from the infection drink plenty of water finish your medication you'll be fine especially that you're seeing recovery 

and wish me luck cos i'm depressed from this 

• Posted

Oh dear Sarahelle these things are so debilitating. Good Luck for your recovery
    • Posted

i was retested last week and still,had blood in my urine. The. Nurse suggested it may be the aftermath of the infection. Full,recovery does take time.
    • Posted

yes it does take time but the pain is the worst thing human can live with and i just hate the pain i've also started being paranoid about linking my symptoms to even worst diseases it's driving me crazy and im afraid i won't be able to get back to work again 

thanks and good luck to u too 

• Posted

I've had my uti off and on since june.  The only symptoms i had was peeing every 5 minutes.  The strain of bacteria that my holistic doctor found was e coli 100 k.  i didnt believe herbecause my primary said it came out negative which was confusing.  finally it went away but the irritation was still there.  now i have it again somehow and theres 2 different bacterias e coli and something else so im on 2 diff antibiotics! what kind of antibiotics are you on?  p.s. do u have a facebook?
  • Posted

I've had my uti off and on since june.  The only symptoms i had was peeing every 5 minutes.  The strain of bacteria that my holistic doctor found was e coli 100 k.  i didnt believe herbecause my primary said it came out negative which was confusing.  finally it went away but the irritation was still there.  now i have it again somehow and theres 2 different bacterias e coli and something else so im on 2 diff antibiotics! what kind of antibiotics are you on?  p.s. do u have a facebook?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.