Uti Medication, vertigo side effect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started cotrim 2-3 days ago, one in morning and one in late evening.  I always get vertigo about 1-2 hours after taking the pill. I am not sure if this side effect should make me go visit the doctor or not. It is not clear if its a ''common' 'side effect that I should expect or if its a worrying and rare side effect that should make me stop the pill and definetally go back to the doctor. 

Did anyone else in this forum has some side effects related to dizzyness, feeling light headed, and vertigo related to cotrim?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have looked on the info sheet that came with my last box of Trimethoprim (same drug different name) and they have dizziness down as a less serious side effect, it always makes me nauseous so I try to take it with food as it helps a little, if you are at all worried speak to a pharmacist or to your doctor, I find that my nausea gets better as the days go along.
    • Posted

HI Phoebe, thanks for the reply. I did eat (a lot) with the pills and still get it.  I get it around 1-2 hours after I take the pill.

I dilute the pill in water .

I guess its a minor side effect,some ppl tell me this drug is known for being ''difficult''.

• Posted

Yes that's what I think about the nausea, it's actually (in my case) the lesser of the 2 evils.

I expect you already know this but make sure that you drink plenty of water while on this medication, I am currently trying to drink at least 2 pints of water on top of other drinks and of course no caffeine.

• Posted

Usually every thing about every drug is in MIMMS and is available to any one on the internet = mimms.

Doctors and importantly chemists refer to it explicitly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.