uti over uti, for almost years of suffering

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, 

Im married & 24 yrs old, i am sexually active & ive always had recurrent uti for over 3 - 4 years, did ultrasound & bloodtests all came out normal. Except i had ovarian cyst and got operated few weeks ago. I am so depressed & out of clue. Had anyone experience this before ? I usually had to drink 2 litre of pure water a day then I wont feel severe burning. Without water a day would definitely gave me UTI ! Sometimes i cry at night. Please help me. Did tried cranberry juice etc etc but none of it really helps. Sigh 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get recurrent UTIs as well sad have you ever looked into D-Mannose? It’s a type of sugar that sticks to your urinary tract, attracting the bacteria and sticking on to it and then you pee it out. I use it as a preventative measure all the time and it WORKS. Maybe you should look into it! 
    • Posted

I will try it & buying it tommorow ! Thanks babe ??

• Posted

I've suffered with this all my life, the UTI's at one time were so bad I was peeing blood'  antibiotics cleared it up, do you take a sample and have it tested?  I went on the contraceptive pill as the doc said that latex would rub more,

later he had a vasectomy.  Do you use loads of  lubricant i.e. ky jelly  swabbing afterwards with cool water also halps  and definitely take D-Mannose as already suggested the e-coli which the germ normally is is attracted to it,sticks to it and you pee it out,  I STILL get the feeling of a UTI and have had SO many samples tested but they always come back clear.  Just one last thing wear cotton pants as they let your skin breath.    You can also get some sachets at the chemist that you add to water and drink,  it turns the acid to alkaline,  I now take painkillers for it paracetamol, at night if needed,  j've noticed it's worse if I'm particularly stressed.

Hope any of this helps.

Valx

• Posted

I sometimes feel ok, sometimes i dont. I need to drink 2 litres of pure water everyday to get rid of the pain. Cause almost on daily basis like i feel its coming and I quickly drink lots of pure water & the pain is gone. Then, continuesly after peeing i had to drink water to avoid gettin the burning pain, but i stil feel uncomfortable tho. Which sample you were pointing ? During cystoscopy? Or just urine test sample ? I did with the urine test sometimes its positive sometimes its negative. Sometimes with blood but my urine is clear in colour lol 😩 i dont know what to do but it seems people been tryin d mannose and it works. Will find it at pharmacy tommorow ! Thank you for the tips 😘

• Posted

Us amateurs cannot advise on medical treatment but what I would advise in your case especially as you have already had issues with ovaries etc is that you do exactly as you have done here writing to this 'blog.  That is write or email but better to write a letter to your doctors,which is an indelible record of what transpires re your treatment.......... When your carers get the letter they will know you are very serious about resolving your health problems.  If that does not get attention and if your problems are not resolved then the next step is write to the higher authorities. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.