UTI Penile

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I presented at my doctor's surgery about 2 weeks ago with burning inside my penis and a sore that I photographed inside the tip. He done sti blood test, sti swab and urine. Gave me Doxycycline for possible urethritis/ngu. A week later he gave me macroBID as e.coli cultures were detected and grew when lab tested.

My Ureata, penis glans and shaft was very sore until the 3 days into the macroBID and since seemed to have relieved the pressure and uncomfortableness.

I'd love to knows is it common for the penis head and ureata to be affected by a UTI and does is it normal to still feel almost like a healing bruise feelings in that area 5 days into 7 day antibiotic course?

I definitely feel better about 75% but worried there's more to this as I don't think I could have sex or masterbate due to sensitivity in area.

Is this a common senario for UTI recovery?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.