uti Recent infections

Posted , 4 users are following.

have had several antibiotics for e coli. Now referred to urologist.  Dr wants me to take trimethroprim daily till appt but its making me sick.  Dont know what to do, if i stop will infection return again, but i cant go on being sick n this.  She said my crp level is elevated, what will that mean

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dr hasnt mentioned hiprex, should i ask for it and is it available in uk?
    • Posted

Hi Ann I have a urostomy and keep getting UTIs

I take 1g hiprex twice a day

I live in the UK and just use the NHS

• Posted

An elevated CRP level means you have inflammation somewhere. 
    • Posted

The problem is thatnthey dont know where and are very slow in looking, should it be accelerated by me?
    • Posted

Has your GP give you any idea how long the waiting list is to see a urologist?  If he hasn't already  got you down as an urgent referral then you need to ask him to do so. Even then I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Posted

I can see one privately but i have severe anxiety and am scared he will want invasive testing.  Is there any non invasive testing that can be done first like ultrasound etc.  I am having masssive spikes of anxietyover all this.
    • Posted

Try not to worry. I'm sure your GP would have had you down as urgent if she thought it was anything serious. I advised you to get back to your GP mainly because you are so anxious and waiting lists can be lengthy depending on where you live. 

Regarding non invasive testing...I had an ultra sound scan that detected a moderate sized bladder stone, but failed to detect 5 small stones at a later date. So it obviously has it's limitations.  Not sure about MRI scans but you can ask your GP or urologist when you get to see one.  That said, cystoscopies are not as bad as you think they are, more embarrassing than anything. I can understand how you feel though as I well remember being none to happy waiting to have one.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.