UTI's

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.

Well I've just got back from doctors to be told I have another UTI!!! It is possible that the one I had about three weeks ago had not cleared up.

Does anyone else find that a course of antibiotics is not always successful first time?

What do people recommend to keeping UTI's at bay?

Thanks.

Helen.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello helen. My GP often has to prescribe 2 courses of antibiotics for me. He gets so fed up I think because I get them so often he will often prescribe extra for my next infection. Unfortunately I just can't find anything to prevent these infections. I do everything by the book but I do find bathing after intercourse does help although it's a pain! I also drink plenty and just hope for the best. Mine have got worse as I've got older and following a vaginal repair.
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. Out of interest when you have one do you find that the skin at the top of your legs and groin sting?

I will drink more water. I am very hygienic so am confused as to why I get them.

Helen. x

• Posted

No mush admit that hasn't happened helen. Could it just be part of the infection?
    • Posted

A doctor told me that baths were one of the things that can trigger a uti. He said if you sit in warm or hot water like that it encourages the bacteria to grow.
    • Posted

Yes I get the groin pain and that sensation in my upper thighs when I have a uti.
    • Posted

That's one of the reasons I stopped having a bath. Always stick to showers. I think bubble bath didn't help either even when I used stuff for sensitive skin.
    • Posted

They advise not to use bubble bath, scented things on that area and feminine hygine products particularly scented ones.

Some people find that having a probiotic each day helps and my GP advises that you should always take them while taking antibiotics.

• Posted

Unfortunately, I too have fallen prey to these peri related uti's. I just finished a round of antibiotics about two weeks ago and I felt the same way like maybe it hadn't cleared up yet.

Cranberry juice is highly recommended to treat uti's and also apple cider vinegar and hibiscus tea. These all have a healing agent in them that treat utis as well as other problems. Hope this helps.

xx

Sharlene

• Posted

Thank you Sharlene.

It seems a very common problem in peri doesn't it?

I have to return next week and see if it has cleared. If not then they said they would send a sample off to the lab. What that will mean I don't know!

Helen.x

• Posted

Who knows with these doctors. There are a lot of doctors who are so clueless as to all of these changes associated with peri. If they read up more and listened to their patients then they would be better prepared to treat us.
  • Posted

Hi helen ten drops of tea tree oil in the bath water it's an antiseptic and the hospitals use it. what is your infection? 
  • Posted

Do not douche.

When you go to the loo wipe from front to back.

Many people swear by taking probiotics. Always take them when you have antibiotics anyway, even my GP says that as antibiotics kill not only the bacteria you don't want but that you do, take a probiotic to help support your immune system when on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.