UTI 's after each menstrual cycle!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I suffer from UTI's after each menstrual cycle, I know many doctor's will say that menstrual cycles and UTI's have no connection but I know otherwise from doing my own research-hormones have a direct impact on the bladder! I've been to gynecology doctors five times in the past 6 months and tired of wasting my time and money. I also have bacterial vaginosis so every time I go they test me for BV and tell me that I have a BV + UTI and just throw Flagyl or Microbid at me and refuse to hear anything else! I stay away from antibiotics and use natural treatments such as Goldenseal ( a natural antibiotic), probiotics, D-Manose, a good multi vitamin and strict paleo diet but I still get a UTI every cycle!!! Each cycle, one or two days after my period ends my bladder starts cramping and the urgency comes(urinating like crazy up to three times per hour) and the feeling of fullness. I suspect this could be either hormonal disbalance (I'm only 38, not menopausal and my cycle is regular, but I have a lot of stress in my life) because this happens every time after my cycle or related to my BV. I had an ultrasound back in May but it did not show anything wrong with the bladder. When I suggested hormonal changes to my gyno he just laughed and they did not know anything about ureplasma testing either. I do not have a private insurance at the moment so I gave up going to incompetent doctors who are clueless. Is anyone going through the same thing, constant UTI's related to menstrual cycle or BV? I would greatly appreciate any input!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.