UTI’s CONSTANTLY

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am older woman and for some time now I have had constant Urinary Tract Infections I also have vaginal atrophy treated with estriol cream.

i am very particular about hygiene and using cotton underwear and sometimes machine wash my underwear in very hot water only and I still get repeated UTI's I drink lots of water too and still get them. They are very debilitating and antibiotics one after the other get me down. Does anyone else have these problems

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try using a pea sized amount smeared around your outer lady bits and especially around the urethra. I use Estrace cream and thats what solved that problem for me. Also as you said, no soap, dye/fragrance free detergent, no fabric softener. Also google pelvic floor exercises and kegel exercises (there actually is a wrong way to do them, I learned that when I went to pelvic floor therapy). But definitely use the cream on your urethra!

Good Luck!

• Posted

vaginal atrophy treated with estriol cream.

don't bother

repeated UTI's, debilitating and antibiotics

well, i am goin to disappear from this website,

kindly mark my words and help others as well

antibiotics kill good organisms also, alters chemical balance.

let me know

serum vitamin d and b12

start vitamin d and b12 without hesitation, do sensitivity test, approach a nearby good Uro, there are so many methods of treatment available

• Posted

Olive8 since I've started experiencing perimenopause symptoms I've experienced dryness, urgency, freguency and more UTI's that I can count. My understanding is that if there is no bacteria in the urine sample when (dip) tested it is not a UTI. Symptoms may very well be due to Vaginal Atrophy and VA is treated with hormonal treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.