UTI symptoms but test negative? 4 MONTHS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 23 year old male. It feels pointless to write this but I am going to ask for help with this AGAIN. So, 4 months ago I went for regular STD testing and I tested positive for chlamydia. I went back to get treatment and my primary care gave me two pills of amoxycillin and sent me on my way. I waited 2 weeks and went again to get retested this time, at a clinic. They later informed me I tested positive for Chlamydia again. The doctor on staff recomended i get treated for gonorreah as well. I went through with treatment and testing but I still felt discomfort. After being put on Flagyl and a slew of other drugs to treat UTI's rare strands of bacteria etc. I'm still experiencing issues 4 months in. ALL of my UTI tests and urine cultures were negative. I've tested for rare strands that men don't even normally get. It burns when I pee and I CONSTANTLY feel like I need to go or there is discomfort just at the tip pf my penis. It hurts when I get hard and when I have sex as well. After ejaculation sometimes my urethra aches too. Every urologist I go to scolds me for not having safe sex that ONE TIME and tells me things like "take a bath for a week" or "drink fluids" and recently a urologist told me I had a over active bladder but gave me no solution. Everyone says this takes time, but I've done nothing but wait and follow all these instructions being vomited at me. I've soaked in a bath for 20 minutes everyday for a month and a half now. I do a teaspoon of baking soda in water everyday, apple cider vinegar 3 times a day, I stretch my pelvic muscles and still no solution. There is only one thing that makes it go away completely and thats when I bottom for anal sex. Can anyone shed light on what this is?? I was thinking enlarged prostate but my stream isn't weak and getting hard isn't a problem its just painful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Owen, I don't think anal sex, is a good idea right now. You may be introducing harmful bacteria in your system, which may complicate your already dire situation. I hope you find out what's the problem, and the solution. Best of health to you!

• Posted

Try sticking to a bladder friendly diet for a while: low acid, no caffeine, alcohol, chocolate or citrus. Your bladder might still be suffering and this will give it a chance to heal (google interstitial cystitis diets). I have IC and the diet seems daunting at first but it gets easier. After a month or so, resume your normal diet and see what happens. Also, have you seen a pelvic physical therapist? One did wonders for me (I have pelvic floor disorder, too). Good luck and good health!!

• Posted

I've been dealing with the same thing for more than 2 1/2 years. In the beginning I always peed bacteria and then it stopped so they started saying chronic abacterial prostatitis. I recently had prostate fluid tested and it finally showed up again. I have also been told I have interstitial cystitis and went through bladder installations. Also told I have pelvic floor dysfunction and went to physical therapy multiple times. At this point I'm tired of playing with these doctors. If one of them had it they would take the strongest possible antibiotics for months and not 10 to 14 days with us so we become dependent repeat customers. After that comes surgery for which a turp and prostatectomy has very horrible possible side effects. The real gold line standard nowadays is a green light laser. I also have prostate stones which is bacteria that builds up from the infection. Basically interstitial cystitis is not caused by bacteria and pelvic floor dysfunction has many other symptoms predominantly defecatory and both of these are extremely higher in women. You can test for prostate stones with a TRUS which stands for transrectal ultrasound. My plan is to see an infectious diseases doctor that specializes in the urinary tract for the right medication and then see a urologist willing to do the surgery. I think you have the chlamydia chronically stuck in your prostate. Get your prostate fluid tested if there's anything else in there go to an infectious diseases doctor and then find a urologist who will do a procedure for you. Good luck. Be aggressive with this and don't settle for dead end diagnosis. I am losing my mind with this already. Before you know it your quality of life will really suffer big time. Ask me anything you want. I've researched and been through everything with this. Sometimes drastic conditions call for drastic measures. I don't know where you live but go to castle Connolly to find the best doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.