UTI symptoms, no UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

About three weeks ago, I started having some pain when I urinated, and I noticed I felt like I had to pee for a little while after I had already peed. This was super slow moving. I figured it was a super super mild UTI, ordered AZO Antibacterial, took it religiously, and then after four days felt much better and back to normal. About two weeks later, or a week ago, I felt intense pain when I urinated, and constantly had the urge to urinate badly. It was so bad I often cried and it made it impossible to sleep or focus. The pain wasn't a stinging or burning though - more like a sharp pull. I got AZO Relief, and made an appointment with my PCP. The quick test came back positive for a UTI, I was prescribed Macrobid, which I took as prescribed - 100 mg twice a day for a week. After two days, I felt back to normal again.

Until today, day 4, when I spent the morning in agony, constantly feeling like I had to pee again. There was no pain. I started feeling dizzy and nauseous. My PCP called and said that my urine culture had come back completely negative. I didn't have a UTI. So what's going on? I'm an otherwise healthy, 140 lb, 5'9", 18 year old female. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had similar problems been on antibiotics for two months different types still leaking been wearing diapers

• Posted

I have had Antibiotic for U T I  a coures for 5 days then another 10 days and a farther 20 days  and I are starting to wonder if the pills Are real antibiotic  or are they just make beleave pills  with white sugar in them  The  bug is still in me  I think as I still have systomes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.