uti symptoms no uti

Posted , 5 users are following.

i’ve been having uti symptoms since a day or two after i’ve last been sexually active (which was over 2 months ago) . frequent urination, pain in back/ribs/ lower abdomen, bladder feeling full after urination, cloudy and smelly urine. i was told i had a uti and given some antibiotics (cefuroxime) which did nothing because the symptoms never left. went to the doctor again and it was discovered that i had no uti even an ultrasound was done and they found nothing. i’ve already went to the doctor like 3 times for the same problem. what could it be ?? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you saying you've been having these symptoms for two months now?  And the symptoms are still the same even after an antibiotic?  But your doctor hasn't offered any other explanation?

Have you had any cultures done for a UTI or did they just assume it was one? Have you been checked for an STD?  This could possibly give you the same symptoms for so long. 

Go back to your doctor, explain what it's been like for two months, ask for a full culture from your urine sample.  To have pain this long with no explanation is probably not good so go and get some proper answers.

• Posted

You need to be very forthright and forceful with your doctors or see another doctor. Put your problems in writing to them as well. The written word is usually more constructive in confirming your symptoms and your carers will know you need attention and will not go away without having the ATTENTION YOU NEED.

Make them know in no uncertain terms and also add that you know full well that if certain tests are not being done you may well have an infection that is as yet undetected. Do not accept any fob off!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.