uti symptoms that wont go away

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i went to the doctors complaining of lower back pain, fever, and feeling uncomfortable in my lower abdomen. I did a urine test and there was signs of an infection.

for some reason i was given amoxicillan which obviously didnt work, then on was given macrobid which made me feel better but then the following week all the symptoms came back apart from the fever.

I havent got burning wee but feel really bloated and uncomfortable and my kidneys still hurt. They have done a blood test and urine test which I am waiting for the results for. 

I dont know if it got worse because they didnt treat it right the first time. Anyone else had anything similar???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a uti for six weeks. Straight. The medicine would Make the symptoms go away for 24 hours then they were right back. I have been off medication for a month with slight symptoms here and there but i am on a probiotic & cranberry supplements. My life is put on hold & i am beyond depressed over it. I feel like i can do anything because I’m scared that the uti will come back. My kidneys are fine and they did a scope to look at my bladder and said everything was fine. 

Drink lots of water, pee before and after sex, proper cleaning, cranberry supplements, probiotic, stay away from spicey foods and such . Just was told the same thing which puts me back to square one. They never did a blood test. Do you know what they are looking for? Do you mind me asking ?

• Posted

hello im battling a uti also im on macrobid and im not sure its working but i feek lousy im tired lightheaded weak and have pain in my lower back and side i just cant catch a break this is the second one in 2 months and to top it off i got hit with covid last month . did you have any of those symptoms ?

• Posted

Hey,

I've also had issues with UTI's/ UTI like symptoms for the past 3 months.

Around the same time each month since March this year, I have experienced your typical UTI symptoms - strong urge to urinate, burning during and after peeing, mild pelvic/bladder discomfort (and even blood in the urine for my "second" UTI in April). 2 weeks ago I experienced the same symptoms again, went to the doctor, was prescribed antibiotics (just like the previous two times) and this time they even did a urine culture - BUT, the culture was a 'negative' result, meaning there was no bacteria present - at least that's my understanding. The antibiotics always clear things up within a day or two, yet this keeps coming back around the same time each month - about 3-4 weeks after I finish the antibiotics!

Antibiotics that I have had are: Selexid and Furadantin.

I have tried everything from regularly drinking cranberry juice, taking cranberry supplements, peeing after sex and washing after sex, wiping front to back.... it goes on.

Now I am here two weeks after my last doctor's visit, experiencing the burning sensation after I pee and bladder/pelvic discomfort once again..... Going back to the doctor tomorrow to discuss the results of the culture!

I have no idea what is going wrong or what is causing the issues 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.