UTI symptoms tonight, really need encouragement

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having UTI symptoms for about 3 hours now.  Pretty sure it will be due to E. coli because of Crohn's problems going on but would rather not explain.  My mother is having surgery early in the morning and now I'll miss being there when she's done because I'll have to go to the clinic in the morning to deal with this.  

I miss my old life before peri.  Feels like I'm susceptible to so much now.  If this is a UTI, it will be my 2nd in just over a year and I had two sinus infections in the last year as well.  And the gyn took me off my vitamins as I've explained in another post.  I've been getting more rest lately.  I'm trying to take better care of myself.  This is hard!  But I refuse to give up.

Anybody else up tonight?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I here you I am going through he'll, I am losing weight skipping heartbeat, dizziness, joint pains, lost my Appetite it goes and come. At night I get a funny feeling all over my body I don't know what to do. I start early in my late 30s now that o am 48 year old all these symptoms hit me last year in Oct.

• Posted

Kim, I've had all those except for the weight loss.  I'm 46, symptoms began at 43... do you have trouble sleeping?

• Posted

Yes....Liz I have trouble sleeping I have bags under my eyes, I have to watch what I eat. It's so crazy Liz I am so tired of all this symptoms.

• Posted

As I'm sure you know avoid anything with sugar including fruit. If you have cranberry pills or unsweetened cranberry juice that can help as well. I was feeling something similar a few days ago, been drinking lots of water, drinking vitamin c and taking tons of Vitamin d3 in hopes whatever it is goes away, but if it comes back since I'm feeling symptom free at the moment, then I'll have to deal with it as well. Hope you get well soon.

• Posted

Thanks... I miss taking my vitamin supplements, but my B12 went too high and I had dry mouth from the Vitamin D that my GI Doctor put me on and it became a mess, so the gyn said to stop them all for now.  She'll retest the B12 next week.  Trying to eat healthier foods and rest more.  Hope you feel better, too.

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I had my GB out last November.,since then I get bouts of diahrrea, sometimes I even can’t make it to the bathroom. Sometimes I’m constipated. Sometimes fine. Still can’t figure out what food might trigger things. 

And I’m finding if I’m not certain to drink enough water each day sure enough I’ll feel a UTI coming on. It never fails. Like it’s just looming waiting.

But if you have too much strep in your body which could cause the sinus issues and E. coli stuff, then google foods which are natural antibacterials. Raw organic honey, bananas, etc.. there are also lots of herbs like oregano oil, but be careful with your stomach.

Lately I’m able to tolerate the macrobid, but last year it sent me to the ER with heart palps. Of course it wasn’t the macro. But who knew back then?

Hope you feel better!! 

• Posted

I had to take macrobid for a UTI last year until the results came back showing it was the wrong drug for the bacteria present.  I did okay with it.  The one that I can't have due to Crohn's is amoxicillin.  It just tears me up.  Like you, I also drink lots of water.  Thanks for the advice about the organic foods!

• Posted

Thanks everyone... a quick test turned up negative for infection and the frequency has lessened a lot.  I am avoiding sugar and drinking plenty of water.  Oh, the craziness of all this!  I'm not sure it wasn't anxiety!  But I am being extremely careful.  I made it to the hospital to be with my mom and she's doing well, so that helps.  

• Posted

Liz like me my tests although the dip stick showed infection the hospital results came back showing no infection so i took 2 .lots of antibiotics for nothing! The dr admitted that the dip stick method they do in the surgery isnt a very trust worthy result! 

I find to much caffeine, like chocolate, coffee, tea with to much sugary stuff  and not drinking enough water  can alone cause the UTI sensation.

Im now using this gel called multi-gyn actigel and since using this ive not suffered anymore discomfort in that area. just the dryness  caused by menopause  can cause irritation and flare ups of soreness, burning and stinging when going to wee. It really is very important to drink plenty of water and not easy when your not thirsty i know.

Many have found relief from taking the powders call waterfall D mannose  but it only clears up infections cause by e coli plus it is very expensive as well though they advice once its clear a teaspoonful at night will keep it away. 

Sue 

• Posted

LIz my reply as i thought would be was refused to be sent to you, ive copied and saved my reply  and will try and send to you as pm again tomorrow, cant see where to at the moment.!

Sue 

• Posted

Oh and pleased your mum is doing well too 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.