UTI with ciproflaxacin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I had UTI and my Doctor prescribed ciproflaxacin500mg for me... But I noticed that after taking the drug.... I started sustaining some side effects..... I am feeling very sleepy 😴 and I am unable to sleep well in the night even though I am feeling sleepy and somewhat very tired.... And plz any if you have any recommendations or suggestions please contact me through my email ??.. Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Auspicious,

You should stop taking the Cipro and go back to your doctor and tell him you have side effects.  The packet leaflet should say that you must stop taking them if you have side effects (although I don't know which country you are in so the warnings vary). Ask for a different antibiotic. 

Have you had any other ABs for this UTI?  Normally Cipro is not given as the first choice and only used if two other ABs don't get rid of the UTI.  Your doctor should know this.

I won't email you and you should never give your personal information out on this forum as anyone can read it.  For suggestions and advice look at the discussions about FQ side effects already here on this forum.  Many people have posted with lots of good advice and information. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.