UTI without burning?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm wondering if I have a UTI, but I don't have the typical burning sensation when I urinate. I'm not sure if this is urinary, gastrointestinal, both... or neither.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed for a few days that my urine had a strong odour, not the smell you get when you're dehydrated, and I hadn't eaten anything that would be the cause. But it went away so I forgot about it. Then a few days ago I noticed I was going to the loo a lot more frequently, but only little amounts. Usually I urinate max 4 times a day, but went 4 times within 3 hours of getting up, having had only one cuppa.

Now I feel like I need to urinate constantly, even as soon as I stand up from going.

Also, I don't know if it's related but in the last few days I've been getting lower back and abdominal pain with nausea after eating and it gets worse at night.

Any thoughts? TIA

SpeckledGecko xxx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi i have a similar problem with frequent urination. Can be up to forty times a day. Even without drinking much. At night it's worse. It's the feeling of needing to urinate but not actually needing to. Could be up to ten times at night. Like you no burning sensation or infection. I had an ultrasound on my bladder but there was no abnormalities on initial examination.

• Posted

Jennifer, is it an infection? If so, for women, like my wife, she used D-Mannose, that you can get at the health food store. It makes it hard for E-coli, to live in the bladder.

• Posted

The doctor has done a urine sample and no sign of infection. I do also have severe scoliosis and disc degeneration in my lower spine. Was wondering if that could be a cause. If it's pressing on the bladder.

• Posted

Could be. What a pain, it must be to always having to feel like you got to pee. Wish you find a solution to your problem.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. Forty times! That sounds awful for you. When I was googling to try and find out what was going on with me, I saw something about how spinal problems can lead to bladder issues if the spine presses on the bladder or nips a nerve that's connected to the bladder. I don't know the accuracy of that as I can't remember the website so it may not be a reputable one. But it could be something to look into? I really hope you get some answers and a solution.

• Posted

It's more of a problem when I am trying to sleep at night. Always have the urge to go but not needing too. If the ultrasound doesn't show anything up then I don't know what they will check for next. Or if there is medication to help. I can't travel very far without needing the toilet.

• Posted

I'm not sure. I think it will depend on any diagnosis or what the doctors believe is the cause. I've seen on other discussions that people have been prescribed muscle relaxants for the bladder, one person was given amitriptyline that helped them sleep through the urges better, but another was given exercises and helped to 'retrain' the bladder. I think there's a few options out there, i hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. It's like my bladder can't hold much volume too. As soon as I have anything to drink i need to toilet straight away, then up to ten tines within an hour. I will speak to the gp again when I am there next.

• Posted

Jennifer, that's got to be distressing. I used to be something like that too. Not as severe as in your case but, going anywhere from home, would be difficult. ..always looking for a restroom, was my problem. Hope you find a solution.

• Posted

Yes I am the same. There's a possibility I may also have Lupus to. Whether that's a symptom of that i don't know.

• Posted

Jennifer, I am 70 years old, may I ask your age? In the morning's I sit with three older ladies, ages 75, 79 and 92. They have many life stories that are very interesting. We meet at McDonald's at around 5am.

• Posted

I believe that would work in your favor. Usually, the younger body, can heal faster, and better, is what I've been told. Good luck, and the best of health!

• Posted

Sorry, you are going through this. I wish, I had some kind of answer, but this is something, I would like to know myself, for you sake, and future reference. Hope you find relief.

• Posted

Thanks Dennis I appreciate it. I'll update if I find out what's causing it/ how to relieve it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.