UTI won't go away after 1.5 months and two anti biotics

Posted , 4 users are following.

heres a little backstory as to why ive had a uti for over a month. so i had some symptoms of a uti but i brushed it off because this has happened before and it was "just my anxiety" got tested and everything and came back negative.

then i rang up my doctor and said i think i have a uti and have had it for about two weeks, she tested me and then i was told i had one but only minor. took some antibiotics for three days, didnt work. then i did another test, and it came back worse. i had to take nitrofurantoin. just finished them today and my symptoms havent gone away... my only symptoms are when i finish peeing it feels like a light pressure on my bladder then it goes away completely after like a minute. im so lost, this would seem dumb to go to ermerge for, and now that its christmas my doctors is closed. so i was thinking of going to a walk in clinic tomorrow, thoughts?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not a bad idea. If you let it go there's a chance it can progress to your kidneys. UTI's suck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.