UTI wont go away!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

I'm a 19 yr old male and I've had uti for about 3 years now i didn't gave it much importance but after 3 years i decided to do something about it and my urologist gave me some tests... My kub ultra sound was ok however urine test showed "few bacteria" and culture came with "no growth" he gave me nurofloxacin with cranberry extract for seven days which didn't worked so i decided to go to my family doctor .. he gave me levofloxacin for 7 days which didn't worked either and then told me to take them for 5 more days with no satisfaction .. i still have burning in my urethra and I'm thinking of killing myself .. help please!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maaz,

I’m not a doctor either, but as I have been in the same situation as yourself, have done a lot of research on it all and am also under a professor for help. You probably  need a pro long course of antibiotics. You have to be careful which antibiotics you take, as some can leave you disabled like myself. If you Google floxed or  ciprofloxacin and others relating to this family of antibiotics, You will realise the damage they can cause  to all your tendons in your body. It could be an over growth of yeast in your body caused by the antibiotics, in which case your doctor can give you something to get rid of it. Also just because the culture comes back negative, DOESN’T mean that you don’t have infection. 

Please hang on in there, as life will improve for you and this will be a thing of the past hopefully soon. X

• Posted

Well the doc told me to get the culture done once again then he'll give me the meds... Fingers crossed

• Posted

I'm going through the same thing its been almost 3 months now and this doesn't go away. I did so many urine cultures & cotton swab and nothing came bak positive. I'm going to do a papsmear this week to see what they can find. I know the doctor is tired of seeing me but its his job to find out whats the problem. I really wish there were more doctors out there that actually cared for patients. I hope everything goes well with you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.