UTI worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

on Monday (5 days ago) i suddenly got the urgency to pee feeling and as they day went on i started getting cramps. i was going toilet hourly and it wasn't burning or stinging but just urgent and frequent. with the cramps i thought my period was coming and sure enough in the morning when i went their was blood when i wiped. Because the cramps were getting worse i made a doctor appointment. i decided to check if i was really on my period or it was from the front so i wiped before going and there was no blood but after there was. i thought "oh s**t"and googled blood in urine. UTI came up and the big C aswell as STI. I'd had sex about 10 days earlier with a new partner so again thought crap. we did use protection but you never know. so i went to the doctor and decided to get a sample bottle before going in and when i went toilet it looked like i was pouring out coke!! i was so shocked i had to fight not to cry but when i went into the doctor i just burst into tears and handed him the sample. He tested it and said its a UTI and prescribed antibiotics which stopped the bleeding straight away but the cramps are still there and i'm worried its worse or spread to my kidneys or something. i read that if its gone to your kidneys it can damage them to the point you'd require dialysis! Has anyone had brown blood like that?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Look, I never had brown urine, but I did have orange urine, when I had an infection with a very dangerous and resistant bacteria.

I too despaired, but I followed the recommended treatment and was cured.

In my case I had to take three different antibiotics, but I got rid of the problem.

Rest assured now, take the treatment and list your symptoms so that you can tell them to the doctor at the next visit.

Everything will be fine!

• Posted

Antibiotics reverse the effects of infections, as long as the short time you take the medication completely destroys the bacteria growth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.