Uticarial Rash

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had cronic uticaria for at least 5 years. I tweezed 3 eyebrow hairs today and here it comes again. My eyes and fase will be blown up for the next week, give or take.... Sometimes I'm covered head to feet and have no idea why. I have had aleregy tests done with no positive results. Can anyone give me a possible reason? I am so stressed and depressed.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well I'm far from a doctor, but I have been dealing with for a long time. Some pointers I can give if you havnt tried or been tested for???

• Posted

Most chronic hives are due to a underlying condition from what I've learned and experienced in my case. Things I suggest you rule out are thyroid disease, H- phylori in gutt, of course your usual allergy tests food etc...

if all negative, have your immunology tested. Possibly you have chronic autoimmune Uritca??? Just some ideas... good luck! Wish you well!

• Posted

Thanks!! Not sure if she tested for H-phylori only that gluten was negative. Next timeI have health insurance I'll make sure to ask. Rhumatologyst said she saw some  autoammune problems in my blood test but nothing specific. ?? Then I lost my insurance. So I'm on hold with doctors for a bit. Thank you!!!

• Posted

The first time I had chronic urticaria and dermographism it lasted for well over five years, there does not seem to be an absolute reason - if there was one it would have been issued by now. And now I have pressure urticaria which I am told is one of the worst to treat and understand when it is likely to go. Speak to your docctor about your stress and depression about it, for sure they will make your urticaria seem worse.

• Posted

Yes pressure hives are bad! Mine started that way , couldn't even wear shoes. I'm sorry you feel so bad. I did start eaten gluten free, and it did calm down my flareups. I'm not allergic to it, but there's some connection there. Something you can try if you havnt? Wishing you well!

• Posted

Thank you Julia! I never tried it because they told me also "I was negative" but I will try it now. I just read it could have somthing to do with the carbs turning into sugar and yeast overgroeth in gut...Candida (bad bacteria) and not enough good bacteria.... They recomend what you said: Go Gluten free plus no sugar, eat some fermented and anti inflamitory foods and take probiotics. That's alot!!!! redface? But after 5 yrs. I'll try my best. Wishing you well also!!

• Posted

I get that also! One example:I like to sit cross legged and I get footprints on my legs.eek? They have given me only antidepressants which make me cry, alot! ?? Sorry your  going through this too

• Posted

Yes I eat no sweets, pretty much gluten free, on probiotics, and even thou I have my days, my flateups and inflammation is way down now! Took a good month to get it calmed down after months of everyday. So I'm sticking with it! And on the bright side I've lost 20lbs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.