UTIs and Macrobid

Posted , 7 users are following.

I came down with a UTI a few days ago. The little culprits are enterococcus. I was given Macrobid for 5 days. I am half way through it and it is helping with the infection but I am getting terrible large muscle pains when I stretch my quadriceps, hamstrings, shoulder muscles. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is it temporary? The other antibiotic offered is amoxicilin. Thanks.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Howard,

My wife had a severe reaction to Septra some years ago and it took her three years to recover. I took Cipro this past February and may have had a reaction - am still not recovered. So, antibiotics can be dangerous. Better to try something else. I have had success in the past few months clearing two mild UTIs with high dose vitamin C powder. Just sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of it in dilute Cranberry juice, add some sweetener if you like, and do this several times per day. My irritation cleared in less than two days. No antibiotics.

Tom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.