Uveitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had this condition or know anything about it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

https://patient.info/doctor/uveitis-pro

And I expect you have read this too.

I have had a great deal of treatment over the years, including cataracts removed in each eye because of steroid use.  I know the signs & symptoms of a flare, so have drops ready to use & when necessary I can see my Consultant as soon as I can get to the hospital.  Otherwise, I have 2 or 3 monthly follow up appointments.

Are you in the UK?

• Posted

Thanks I've not read that one.  I went for another check up last week I said I'd forgotten to tell her I'd been stung by a hornet, she said when training she'd read a paper on wasp stings so that's where mine came from. You learn something everyday, it's a lot better now I caught it early. 

• Posted

Yes I'm in UK.

• Posted

Hi, I had no problems with my eyes until I hit age 45 and I developed uveitis .( 5 years ago). I’ve had 5 surgeries: detached retina, cataracts in both eyes, trabeculectomy after a dislocated IOL chafed off pigment which clogged the drainage system in the eye. With the exception of the detached retina , my surgeons blamed all my surgeries and complications on my uveitis . I’ve been worked up for autoimmune disorders and so far everything is negative, although my family doctor is leaning towards psoriatic arthritis as I have some mild psoriasis and tons of muscle and tendon pain. My hallmark uveitis flare symptom is sudden stabbing pain with sunlight. Even when my eyes are quiet I can’t handle lights inside, I get a little squinty . I’m getting some lightly tinted glasses for indoor use soon.  My advice is to see an opthalmologist who specializes in uveitis . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.