V1 Branch pain only

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been having intermittent shock/stabbing/burning pain in my forehead and eye area..sometimes a little bit of my nose. I went to a neurologist and he says it can't be TN because it is usually in other branches of the nerve and has triggers ( I have no triggers at this point). Does anyone else have only V1 pain? Can this be TN? 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My pain is in the side of my nose mainly.  It used to be in my lower eyelid too, but no longer.  When I eat and the pain gets worse, it goes up into my forehead and up into the top of my head.  I had an MRI which shows a small vascular loop next to the Trigeminal nerve, so I’m a candidate for a MVD. However so far, I get periods of remission lasting up to a year.  But lately the remission periods are getting shorter, and I’m getting more and more fed up of the pain.  I’m thinking of getting a MVD, but scared stiff.  I’ve always taken carbamazepine and sometimes baclofen, it’s been about 8 years since it started. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.