VA symptoms back after 11month of having Mona Lisa treatment

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had three Mona Lisa treatments between sept and dec 17 and all my symptoms were gone but now 11months from the first treatment I have had a flare up of the VA and a UTI.  The consultant did say I might need a top up every year which I thought was just marketing but looks like he was right.  I've just rang the clinic and it is £700 plus another £275 for the consultation just for the one session.  Anyone know of anywhere cheaper in the UK.  I dont want to have to spend another £1000 .  

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi yes I was still using Vagifem every three days during this time.  After three weeks of pain I went ahead and had another Mona Lisa treatment 2 weeks ago.  It hurt far more than last time and was carried out on the 2nd frequency.  The consultant said there was less VA in the upper regions than before but I doubt he would remember and probably just justifies his treatment. 

Unlike the last time I had burning and soreness for about a week but felt distinctly better - strange to describe but the only way I can is to say you are no longer aware of your vagina.  BUT last two days all the symptoms are back including burning in the bottom area too so I wonder if the UTI infection I had has come back or has it just not worked this time?  I am going back to the doctors tomorrow and will ask if they will take some swabs and samples this time.  Am I fed up oh yes.

• Posted

Totally understand.  So frustrating.  Let me know if it’s a uti.  So sorry to hear.  I had last treatment 9 months ago
  • Posted

Hi Linda. I know how u feel. I’ve been feeling my vagina for over a year and I’m totally fed up with it.  Were you taking any probiotics at this time that help with the good bacteria so you don’t get utis or I should say they are suppose to help.  I am using a product for dryness approved by the FDA called Revaree. U don’t need a script for it. It is hyaluronic acid and was suggested by my doctor.  This is such a hideous condition. No one gets it unless they have it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.