Vagifam pessaries after anterior and posterior repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondered if anyone had been prescribed these pessaries after their operation.  I’m only 38 and reading about them it says they are some kind of Hormone Replacement Therapy.

I am not menopausal. I just received a prescription with a letter through the post after I had been for another check up at 10 weeks.  I have some stitches left in still which haven’t dissolved.

Just wondered if anyone else had to have them? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had pessaries before my op!

Think the same ones, can’t remember the reason why tbh, but I am older than you/am menopausal.

Check with the doctor?

• Posted

Yes I ill check. They don’t tell you much when you go in for a check up. I just received a letter for the Dr and a prescription to take in the post today! Just found the whole process not very informative ! 

Thanks for the reply xx

• Posted

I think doctors sometimes  flood us with information so it’s not always clear what it for what!

Or maybe it’s just me!

• Posted

Yes Vicky I am using vagifem topical cream (estriol) for painful scar tissue, it helps to thicken up the thinning walls and has been a lifesaver for me. I tried pessaries but didn't work too well so using cream so I can target the tight painful scar tissue.

I initially was 3 months using then 1 month off, you start with every day for 2 weeks then down to twice a week.

I now just use it when I have overdone things and have a little sagging that pulls on the scar tissue and it's work great. 

Matron always said that because it's topical cream it targets that area and therefor very little if any gets in to your blood stream.

Someone else said try have done lots of surveys and that yo don't need to come off for a month every quarter any more.

X

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I have stitches still in so perhaps that’s why they have prescribed it then. 

They could of said at the check up 🙄

My prescription says the same as your dosage , everyday for a 2 weeks then for ten weeks after every few days x

• Posted

Hi Vicky

I have been in vagifem since my anterior and tvh.

I take It because I'm post menopause and want to strength an up my tissues after surgery.

I always thought that vagifem was for post meno women.I would query this hun.

X

• Posted

I will query this. Would of been helpful if they explained why the Consultant prescribed it in the letter that was in with it to give to my GP!

A sentence would of done , with a reason ! 🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.