Vagifem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been using vagifem for 12 weeks , but still roar outside of 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beth I have been using it for 5 weeks now I am down to 3 times a week inside I am fine and outside the day after is fine I do it Mon wed fri nights but I do find having not done it the next day during the day when I have to do it is dry again if that makes sense and Sun is uncomfortable. I use a little astriol cream that I have and that sorts it
    • Posted

How many times have you been using it a week ? My doctor told me 2 times a week and I feel this has not been enough .

thank you for replying 

• Posted

Dr wanted me to use it twice a week as well nut I looked on this foram and it seems it's not enough so I use it 3 times and I think that's better but to be honest every other day is needed I think . I see him again in a couple of weeks so I shall talk to him then he is very understanding . I have an appointment with a gyno next week so I shall have a word with her too

• Posted

I didn’t get on with vagifem. Switched to ovestin cream which immediately began to work wonders.
  • Posted

Hello Beth and ladies

My GYN started me with Estrace cream for two weeks then changed me to Vagifem 2x weekly.  I think the Estrace cream vaginally before starting the Vagifem really prepared the vaginal area for the Vagifem.  It does take several weeks for all to heal.....give the Vagifem time as once you do you will feel normal again.  Some ladies take 2x weekly others up to 5x weekly.  If I feel some discomfort below, I have put some Estrace cream on outer area but that is rare.

I hope this helps.  Hang in there ladies.....give the Vagifem some time.

Best wishes,

Wendy

• Posted

That you Wendy I know it's been 7 weeks and it can take ages I feel ok inside now it's just outside I am still sensitive and have urge feelings sometime stabbi g pains but I am hoping all that will go. Like you u am putting astriol cream on the outer parts only a little but it's almost every evening so hoping that will go down to once and a while like you

• Posted

I don’t understand, after just 2 weeks of ovestin cream my vagina was back to normal and sex was wonderful again.
    • Posted

Hi Suki girl

You are very fortunate.  I think much has to do with age.  I am 66 and way past menapause.  Also some ladies that have had hysterectomy has the Atrophic Vaginitis issue later.  I was put on deponupron  for endometriosis in my 30's putting me in menapause for almost a year....could have been a cause....not sure.

Intimacy has been very difficult with my husband.....actually non exsistant for quite some time how.  God love him he is ver patient and understanding!  Suki may I ask how old are you?

• Posted

So glad I’ve found this discussion, I’m the same as angie at the mo, so will maybe do it 3 times a week plus the cream for outer area.

thanks for your help. 

• Posted

I used Vagifem ever other day for two weeks, then went to three times a week for two weeks now only twice a week, Sundays and Wednesday.
  • Posted

I’m 56 post meopause. Introducing  the boby. With Jessica the ban walker. Lol let us know whatbdtas youare elevating  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.