VAGIFEM AND ABDOMINAL DISCOMFORT

Posted , 5 users are following.

One week ago I finished a two week course of Vagifem (one each night) and since then I have experienced abdominal discomfort.  I don't know whether to continue using the Vagifem twice a week as a maintenance dose.

Has anyone else experienced abdominal discomfort?

Advice appreciated.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lynn I just finished a 2 week course of astriol cream and have just gone onto 3 times a week with vagifem instead as less messy I have had no problem so far . I am going down to 2 times a week next week as maintenance. I did have cramps with the astriol for the first week but that slowly became less and now I have no problem. Hope you get it sorted
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Angie. Hope all goes well with you and Vagifem.

Us ladies have a lot to put up with.

Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

I have also tried Astro il but have problems with severe vaginal cramping.  Is this the same kind of cramping you experienced; directly in the vagina? 
    • Posted

Hi Patricia yes it was like needles going down and cramping but over the weeks it got less and less by the end of the 3 weeks it had all gone. I think it's your body getting used to hormones in the body again I think it's usual

• Posted

Hi Angie 

Thank you for your quick reply.  I'm not even sure I can give the Astroil another try as it was so painful.  I'll contact the compounding pharmacy for advice.  I just can't seem to find a hormone that agrees with me. 

• Posted

I think you should if it's that painful mine wasn't that bad and didn't last long . I still get a strange feeling down below very hard to describe. But it's only been a month of astriol and vagifem and so I have read it can take anywhere between 3/6 months so I class myself lucky. I hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

Hi Lynn

im sorry to hear about your abdominal discomfort.  I have been using Vagifem over a year now 2x week and have not had any issues.  It is a big help for those that were suffering from Atrophic Vaginitis.  It has given me quality of life.  I would notify your doctor if your discomfort continues.  Keep us posted.  I hope you feel better soon.

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am really pleased that you have not had any issues using Vagifem, I know what you mean about quality of life.

I managed to get an appointment to see my GP yesterday. She thinks my abdominal discomfort may be due to IBS and has prescribed medication to see if it helps.  Hope the medication sorts me out and I can continue using Vagifem.

Take care of yourself.

Lynn😀

• Posted

Hi Lynn

You are doing all the right things.  I'm glad you went to your doctor to get checked out .  I'm sure things will settle down soon.  Stress can cause issues in our bodies......that can happen when we are experiencing health issues.....try your best not to stress I know it's easier said than done but all will settle down...think positive.  I noticed with myself in the beginning starting the Vagifem when I still had such discomfort I feared that I would have to live with that discomfort so I stressed and took longer to work.....finally when I started to feel better I was less stressed and healed quicker.  Think positive as that is so good for healing.  Keep us posted...we are all here for you.

Wendy

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words Wendy.  I know exactly what you mean about stress.

I am starting a Mindfullness Course in April to try and learn to relax.

Take care of yourself.

Lynn😄

• Posted

I live in England.  I don't know much about the course. It is supposed to help you to relax and reduce stress. It concentrates on training you to live in the moment and not worry about what happens tomorrow.

It sounds interesting and I hope it will reduce my anxiety, especially regards my health.  It's a couple of hours a week for eight weeks so I haven't got a lot to use and perhaps a lot to gain.  

Take ke care if yourself and be happy.

• Posted

Hi Lynn

that sounds like a wonderful course!!..... sounds like something I should look into.  I do have anxiety issues that I need to work on.  You will have to pass on some good ideas and things you learn that works for you.

take good care and have a nice evening!  I am across the pond in the US.

best

wendy

• Posted

Hello Wendy, I believe that everyone who posts on this site may suffer from a level of anxiety as we are all asking questions and looking for answers to help us.

I hope I find the course beneficial and if I do I will be happy to share my experience and pass on any tips.

Take care of yourself Wendy. Wishing you good health and happiness.

Lynn😄

• Posted

Thank you Lynn.....enjoy the course.  I wish you well with good health and happiness too! 🌺

Blessings,

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.