Vagifem pressaries

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have decided to come off Vagifem as I am getting severe stomach cramps. Does anyone know how long it takes to leave your system.

Love to hear from anyone who has also suffered

Jennyann

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They suited me really well, I have stopped them now as I've been put on evorel conti patch, I no longer get the vaginal dryness. It's a no bleed patch.

• Posted

Hmm, I responded to your question here but now I don't see it. Your symptoms are not usual with the use of Vagifem. Absorption is mostly in local tissues although I'm sure a very small amount enters the blood stream. I've been using Vagifem for quite a few years without any issues like yours. Your stomach pain, nausea, right shoulder pain and digestive upset may be a totally unrelated issue to the vagifem use. Gallbladder inflammation comes to mind. What does your doctor say about your symptoms?

• Posted

i am getting the same problem with elleste solo. These are all common symptoms of HRT treatment, as well as short term memory loss. It is a case of trial and error. to answer your question on how long until out of your system. The stomach cramps should ease after about a week. Go back to your doctor and discuss.

• Posted

Hi I am on hrt elleste solo patches i use one and a bit on as i have had a surgical menopause. I have had extreme stress recently and have vaginal dryness. i got a prescription for vagistem and only took 3 doses and stopped because of severe abdominal cramps and loose bowels. I have since had a slight discharge and dont know if this is residue from the pessaries as only a few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.