Vagifem problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Vagifem for vaginal atrophy for over 18 months, but stopped a few weeks ago as I felt it was causing too much discharge, since then I have become dry and sore again and my bladder has been weak again. Should I go back on the original two weeks every night then twice a week or can I just use it twice a week like I had been using before.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i had same experience - no discharge but went off - was told you can use 2 week to kick in again - no problem

Eventually i had to increase to 4-5 times a week but perfectly safe and i had some local estrogen cream as well

• Posted

Marion,

I developed an allergic sensitivity to all the prescription products like yuvifem and estrace. This caused white discharge irritated tissues. My physician stopped the prescription products and ordered a compound vaseline ointment with estriol-this is made at a compound pharmacy. This helped me a lot. So if you still have symptoms see your doctor.

• Edited

so i have had red spots on my penis and cant figure out why everytime me and my wife have sex it gets bright red ive tested negative for stds and hiv. im extremely worried in burns to urinate.image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.