Vagifem reassurance. Update from my doctor

Posted , 8 users are following.

I saw my doctor last week and she said she had just been to a menopause seminar where the continual use of vagifem was discussed to treat VA.  

She said that there have not been any long term effects and that patients could use it twice a week for an indefinite time .  

She also said that if a patient stopped taking it the recurrence of VA could be severe and much harder to treat going forward.

I asked about the Mona Lisa laser treatment but she had not heard of this.

3 likes, 126 replies

126 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just got the vitamin e. Will try them after the holidays.
  • Posted

Im about to give up.everything i post almost does not get posted.
    • Posted

Mod why arent my posts being posted?
    • Posted

annoying isn't it? sometimes they show up a while later. sometimes links are allowed, sometimes not. other times he doesn't like new topics being introduced without starting a new topic thread. but I say in normal conversation different topics can be related. right now I am confused by all the messages I'm getting from the same people, but different threads.
    • Posted

Lee, did you find out what the problem was?  Are you getting posted now?
    • Posted

Lee, go to the bottom of this page, to the forums link and on there you'll see a 'contact' link, so you can ask Alan why your posts aren't going through.  Usually it's if they contain a link to another site where there is advertising, but sometimes if they're off topic, although I know we all veer off topic sometimes.  If you have any difficulty getting through to Alan, give me a shout and I'll try.  I am out today though so it might be much later, but I promise I'll try and sort it for you if you can't find the right bit:-)  The only way I did it once before was to say I wanted to ask Alan, the moderator,  a question so stuffed a link (any old link) in the post to catch his eye and that worked:-))))
    • Posted

Hi Lee and others,

Your posts have been going for moderation mainly as I explained in another reply because spaces being left out between sentences cause some innocent posts to get caught in moderation.

However in these latest posts it is because you are repeatedly naming a specific brand of product which I have edited out. If you want to pass specific brands like this on you can use the Private Message service. We do allow some products to be discussed as they are recognised recommended treatments for the specific condition such as Vagifem but others have been the subject of spammers or SEO posters trying to promote these products or sites so we cannot allow them.

I hope this helps but if anyone ever has any queries there is the FAQ section and you can send me a private message me at any time. This is a better way of asking me something as I may not see posts such as above asking for clarification.

Regarding other points raised here re off topic etc - I don't care what users chat about or where. In these cases I only respond if another user has reported a discussion going off topic, for example if users are getting into conflicts or arguments or debates that have nothing to do with the original question. 

Regards,

Alan

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums

• Posted

Alan, One of the reasons women are on this site is because the normally prescribed medications are not working, people are leary of them or they even have caused problems. We wnat to hear about what other women are using or trying in an attempt to get well. It seems counterprodctive and overly patriarchal and rigid for Patent to take the stance that "other products" whatever they are, should not be mentioned.

Can you tell me why those facebook,etc boxes are appearing in the way of the reply box and is there a way to get rid of them? That would be helpful.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Beverley,

The issue is not talking about other products generally such as Vitamin E or herbs etc. The issue is when users repeatedly post the same comment recommending a particular brand over multiple discussions which is advertising. In this particular case the brand that was posted has been the subject of other users (not Lee) in the past trying to promote the brand and website. If we allow these brands to be mentioned the spammers would just flood the discussions with promotional posts as has happened lots of times in the past. This is why we say to use the PM service to exchange these. 

Re the Facebook issue, can you send me a Private Message with details of the phone or device you are using please and I will pass it on to the developers. If you are using a tablet rotating it to landscape may help.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.