Vagina bubble feeling, symptom of B.V?

Posted , 58 users are following.

I had my son 9 months ago, I had a second degree tear and stitches, I was fine at first I then had sexual intercourse 5 weeks post baby and then showered (including my vagina, which I know can change the PH balance, leading to B.V) and that’s when I began to feel what could only be described as the feeling of bubbles in my vagina.

I also have a lot more discharge, which can be watery but also clumpy. I went to the doctors numerous times and was tested for Thrush, Cystitis, Bacterial Vaginosis, STDs etc and they all came out negative (although I was given and took medication for Cystitis and Bacterial Vaginosis, before the results came back) I think in the end the doctor got fed up with me and told me it was normal post baby.

I can’t see how this can be normal as it is really uncomfortable to live with and can really get me down. The excess discharge also makes my vagina sore.

The bubble feeling tends to get worse when I urinate and just before my period is due and I sometimes bleed a little after sex (not sure if this is related)

I thought it might be Bacterial Vaginosis, thats how I got the medication for it, but the swabs came back negative twice (although I have read it can be difficult to diagnose and treat) so I'm still not sure if it is. Either way I am desperate to get rid of this bubble feeling, and any doctors I have seen, do not seem to know what I am talking about, so if anybody else has experienced this bubble feeling, it would be great to hear from you.

8 likes, 117 replies

117 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just to be sure I am on the correct page, I am not referring to “fanny farts” I know them and have experienced them during sex, this s small, gently bubbles that seem to be develop at the top part of my mons pubis but do not stem from my virgina, they are not painful or itchy, it just makes me need to squirm a little to try and “pop” them.  My youngest is 6 and this has only just started (right after my 2nd coil was fitted).
  • Posted

Wow I feel like a huge weight has been lifted! I have had these problems for so long and always thought it was just me (I know stupid right) I have always wondered and thought It was just my mind playing tricks on me... I have never had children and rarely have sex but have this everyday... is this as often as u also?
  • Posted

I hope you have had some releif as it's now a year since you sent your post, moreso I hope you have the problem fixed completely, if you have PLEASE send us what treatment you were given etc.  I have had this for 2 1/2 years now too, I am early 50s, had it before periods started and since have it after periods stopped.  I also get it worse after I have urinated and its hell on Earth to get rid of after that, or make it tolerable - any material touching the vag after that is infuriating it and is so awful, at least for the first hour, I have to gradually get used to it again, if you see what I mean.  It's affected my life a lot, and also the first consultant I saw said it was "all in my mind"!  I was disgusted by that, since then I have seen a female consultant who had, at least, heard of it, but just gave pesseries for the ph balance but it hardly made a difference at all, plus the thought of having to use those things every night for the rest of life is not for me.  Oddly my best friend, a warehouse worker, said he thought it might be a split betwen the vagina tubes and the backside (ar*e) so I am going to get that checked.  It's a real nightmare, I hope you are feeling better and its sorted. 
  • Posted

I started having bladder problems about 8 years ago,  Lower back pain all the time and lower abdominal pain every month around the same time even after I fininshed my monthly cycle.  I constantly went to the Drs only to have them tell me that it was nothing and that it was just due to having my period.. I finally went to a different family practice doctor and he refered me to a urologist.  I made an apt with him and got in after waiting a month, He checked inside my bladder and ran some tests they all came out negative which was a relief but, I still had the pain.  For some reason with all my complaining her decided to do a urethral dialation on me wich gave me great relief for about two years. Then it all started coming back again lower back pain lower abdominal pain, achyness in my vagina and tingeling im the urethra area after I went to the bathroom, which drove me crazy. I was so frustrated and went to him again only to have him do another dialation which again helped greatly. But now  my symptems seem to be coming more often. I feel the more I have this done the sooner I have to see him again.. He said I have a narrow urethra but he is not a hundred percent sure. He said as long as I get relief than to just keep having the procedure.. But, now I have the bubbles which I never had before he started doing the procedure.  Ugh! I am so frustrated with this I dont know what to do... I can not stand going to the bathroom and having this feeling of bubbles being released in the urethra area.. I have to have the procedures but I can not deal with the bubbles. Anyone know why this is happening? I also have had a lot of UTIs in the past as well as BV. Just wonding if it was the BV meds that started all of this. Frustrated!
  • Posted

So pleased to find this. I've just started getting this exact feeling too. Thought I was going mad. It's worse after I wee, so nighttime is horrible because it's so uncomfortable. Anyone had any luck?
  • Posted

Hi.

i have suffered with this for many years. One gyne doc told me that the air is from cells that are dying off naturally in the vagina. She said that when the cell dies it give off this bit of air.  Who knows!  I know that for me it is always associated with a flare up in my IBS?  I think I have systemic yeast infection.

• Posted

Hi. I've been having that bubble feeling on and off for a few years now. I also have some itchiness and a yellow discharge. It comes and goes randomly. I have been treated for BV in the past and have been screened for stds. All my swabs were negative. I am so frustrated. If any of you have any advice I would be grateful.
  • Posted

can't believe I never looked this up. Thank god it's not just me. I have had this bubble in I always thought it was my vagina but maybe in the urethra since I was Nine I think it started after I had recovered from a water infection . The doctor I think probably believed I was imagining it and said told my mum that it would just go away. The next time (still very young) the doctor said that it was a part of the vagina developing. Anyway over ten years later and haven't ever been pregnant like others on this thread, it is still happening. It is uncomfortable and you have to find weird ways of wiggling to pop it out and very sad to hear that there seems to be no cure but at least I'm not alone. I find that when I've had yeast infections, or by thproblem gets worse and more uncomfortable. I'm going to go back to a doctor now a 20 year old and talk to my doctor about it knowing there are other women having problems like me makes me eager to find out the cause.
    • Posted

Hiya! Sorry, I know this posst was ages ago but your reply really struck a chord with me! I can totally sympathise as am in exactly the same situation - it started when I was about 7 and everyone since tried to convince me it was just kind of in my head, but it makes me feel so much better to see i'm not  the only one!

I feel you on the having to uncomfortably pop it out - and doing it through thick trousers like jeans is a nightmare! Very awkward especially in tight social situations hahaah!

Was just wonderig if you've managed to get anywhere with finding out what it is?

• Posted

I've had this issue before at the end of the year and all STIs came back negative including BV. When I told my OB again about the excessive discharge, she tested for two rare bacterias called Mycoplasma and ureaplasma. And sure enough they came back positive. The cause is unknown, like BV. And I recently started dating and actively have a sexlife and these same symptoms have come back. My body is very sensitive to anY changes in my pH. forbid I skip a dose of BC and have to double up, can almost guarantee a YI or BV. Which I also noticed these symptoms after having to do that. So it's a lot of unknown factors surrounding it. I go to the Dr tomorrow to get tested for STIs which im almost certain are negative but it doesn't hurt to be extra sure. I definitely will be specifically asking for this test. I didn't read any responses that mentioned this so I hope this helps..
    • Posted

Hi there! How are you feeling these days?

I had a question. Did you by chance feel any bubbling sensation after peeing or a few days before your period?

Just wondering!

• Posted

Hi so I actually came across Ureaplasma about 2 months ago and I have had this white/gray milky discharge for 2 years with BV and Yeast infection test coming back negative everytime. I have tried everything suppository, dietary and orally and nothing has helped. Do you have any updates on your situation and any information regarding Ureaplasma?
  • Posted

Hi all, I'm sorry you are/were going through this but I am glad I'm not alone. Do you have any update on this? I'm in my late 20's and don't have children and have never had any surgeries.

I have the bubble feeling that I believe passes through my urethra. Potentially my vagina. It is more noticable after I pee or if I am gassy. Somedays I don't notice it and other days it happens much more. A lot of the research I have done says it could be a fistula but since I haven't had children or surgeries, radiation, etc. it seems unlikely. The right side of my vagina sometimes can feel sore as well. Only the right side. I also sometimes have watery discharge, other days it is clumpy white/yellow. And I also randomly can bleed between my periods. I can be light pink, red or brown.

I also had Bacterial Vaginosis before I noticed this to start happening. I believe after my BV was cleared up the bubble feeling started happening about 2-3 months later.

I have had these symptoms for longer than I would like to admit. All STI tests come back negative. I am afraif to keep pushing the doctor to take me seriouslly but I am getting desperate at this point. Any help is greatly appreciate.

Thank you, thank you!

• Posted

Your comment reminds the closest to wut I'm feeling not only the bubbles but the pain on the right side of my labia always feel sore swollen almost inflamed I've had this for two months the drs said it was yeast infection but the meds and n monistat at took away the itching after that I just have this bubble feeling like when you pour peroxide on a cut I'm in my late 20s no kids or surgery as well some days worse then others sometime the right side bleeds when I wipe just a spot I got std tests going bk to see what they say

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.