Vagina pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i has a transabdominal can monday the 15 oct and i bin in a lot of pain anyone Else has this could there have give me a Infection

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi bianca_65226

Do you mean a transvaginal scan...if so why dud you have a transvaginal scan....

• Posted

hi mary yes sorry my spelling not that good cyst on ovarie been in so much pain did not no if you could get a infection from doing this way as it sound like it to me

• Posted

Hi bianca65226

I suggest you go see your doctor because you may have picked up an infection from the instruments used, or perhaps the scan has left you a bit tender in the vaginal area...get your doctor to check you out...

• Posted

thank you mandy that what i going do as i think there give me a infection

• Posted

I had this scan but it had to be abandoned after two attempts because I couldn't tolerate the pain. It sounds more likely that the scan itself has caused you the pain rather than an infection. Great care is taken to make sure the instruments are properly sterilised. If they were not, it would be very rare.

• Posted

Ask for a different antibiotic if the ones you are taking are not working.

• Posted

Hi bianca_65226

Do you mean you are in the process of taking 2 different antibiotics......or have you already completed both courses?..

• Posted

Also bianca, were you tested for a vaginal infection?

• Posted

hi i am still on them and no not test as was the weekend there said there do not so it weekend x

• Posted

Hi bianca_65226

Ummmmm! 🤔...i think you should have been tested first before being prescribed antibiotics. What antibiotics are you taking?.. If you do have an infection all well and good....if you do not have an infection then taking antibiotics unneccasarily can bring it's own problems such as killing the good bacteria n your gut and could cause gastro problems. When you have finished the course be sure to be tested to see if an infection is still there....if you ever had one in the first place??🤔🤔

• Posted

hi i am on metronidazole 400mg and nitrogurantoin 100mg i all ready have gastro problems i seem a bit better then at the weekend was on painkills for pain

• Posted

Hi bianca_65226

Metronidazole does cause gastro problems. How long have you been taking them and has your pain subsided at all?...

• Posted

start them Saturday the pain not as bad been all after noon today with out pain

• Posted

Hi bianca_65226

Mmmmmm.....certainly sounds like you had an infection...very pleased you are not experiencing anymore pain....eat some probiotic yogurts with cultures to replace good bacteria that may have been destroyed by the antibiotics.....

• Posted

it does sound like a infection does it ok thank you we get some tomorrow

• Posted

Hi bianca_65226

Yes it does if you were in pain when you started the antibiotics last saturday and the pain has now gone.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.