Vaginal Anterior Repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

It is now 18 days after my Vaginal Anterior Repair.  Can anyone please tell e how long the bleeding lasts for?  Still changing pads several times a day and bleeding worse some days than others.  Worried that something may be wrong.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Wow really, I didn't bleed at home at all, I'd go back to Dr. To check something doesn't sound right

• Posted

You were lucky not to bleed at all.  Reading other peoples posts, they have bleeding, but no-one really has said how long it is likely to last.  Thanks for your reply.
  • Posted

Has it changed in the past weeks or stayed the same since surgery? After about two weeks mine got thinner more almost watered down looking. I spoke to the surgical nurse she said this is the wound weeping. After 3 weeks the discharge colored changed from light red to yellow/creamy. Is it possible yours is heavier because your eye having your period?
    • Posted

It has roughly stayed the same since surgery.  Perhaps a bit more some days than others.  I am 63 so no chance of it being a period.  Hoping that every day it will be less, but not much change really.  
  • Posted

Hi Elaine

i had an anterior repair back in March and had a lot of bleeding. I was still wearing pads after three months. After five months I went back to my GP as I was still seeing watery blood and brown discharge (old blood). She said all was well and that sometimes an internal stitch can take six months or more to dissolve. We are all different of course but I wouldn't be worried after just 18 days. If you get a foul smelling discharge then that would indicate an infection which needs to be treated with antibiotics. You will have a follow up appointment with your consultant I guess so speak to him or her when you go. 

good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks Angie, your reply has made me feel a lot better. I am due to see the consultant again in 3 weeks, so I am hoping all will be well by then. Hope that you are fully recovered now. It is good to hear from others that have had similar problems.
    • Posted

Hello,

I had front end and back end repair done 16 days a go and had very little bleeding. I was worried about going to work today ( i work as a teacher only on thursdays and wanted reassurance about whether that would be overdoibg things) it was a relief to just chat and get my questions answered. My advice is to see if you can possibly talk to your surgeon as not doing sure does your head in. Good luck.

• Posted

Fat fingers... not knowing and worrying is the worst part is what i meant.
    • Posted

You are very brave going back to work so quickly. Hope it went well. Thank you for your advice.
  • Posted

Hi Elaine,

I was bleeding for about 3 weeks, but not heavy. The firs menstrual period I've had after the surgery ( was a bit late) was super heavy ( I was frightened to bleed to death ) but only for 4 days. Keep an eye on it and check with doctor.

• Posted

Thank you, I will give it a few more days then ring the doctor if still bleeding. Seeing all the different responses, some people bleed and some hardly at all. It is comforting to know that you had a similar experience to me. I am not yet three weeks since the op. so hopefully it will be coming to and end soon. Good Luck hope you are recovering well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.