Vaginal atrophy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with vaginal atrophy. I have intense itching and burning. I went through the menopause about ten years ago.

my doctor has prescribed me vagifem pessaries to be inserted each night. After two weeks of using them i have developed thrush .

Apologies for this but I have been taking photos of the down below parts and they look nothing like they used to. Now I am in a state because I don't know if this is related to the two conditions i have or whether it has looked like that for ages. My mind is working overtime because i am a widow and don't want to miss something because my eldest son (35years) is learning disabled.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

Its probably a good idea to talk to your doc about this.. My doc put me on Vagifem and turned out I was allergic to what ever fillers is in them ( I'm not saying you are too, just telling my experience with it), I didn't get thrush but terrible leg cramps and this weird tingling feeling in the back of my head. She had me stop those and I use Estrace Cream now, pretty much the same thing just in cream form I use at night before bed. My weird looking parts for lack of a better description went back to normal.. but it took a couple months. Sometimes both of these can cause thrush but its best if you let your doc know.

Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.